At Mothership, we believe in unlocking the world's potential through speeding up the delivery of everything people need.
Our engineering team is seeking highly driven and detail-oriented react-native developers looking to add value, solve problems and join a rocket ship at the entry level. If that's you, come help us reshape logistics. Together we'll replace tired and comfortable incumbents with a modern marketplace built around speed, ease of use and fairness.
As a senior react native developer you'll get to spearhead our driver experience on mobile with bold vision going from spec to production furiously. Once you've settled in, get ready to start the process of helping build a world class team of mobile engineers around you.
The ideal individual for this position is someone who relishes the opportunity to push product from the ground up and is looking for extreme ownership to spread wings and test limits.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO:
- Work hand in hand with our design team on modern user interfaces and experiences.
- Spec the architecture and execution of our web and mobile front-end clients.
- Build dynamic, responsive, low latency and real-time user interfaces.
- Work within a strongly test driven development structure.
- Constantly monitor performance using the latest tools to increase stability and efficiency.
- Work with our acquisition team to increase overall conversion through rigorous A/B and user funnel tests.
- Establish key metrics to indicate success or failure after new product rollouts.
- Help build a world class team of front-end engineers around you.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE IN THIS ROLE:
- 4+ years building dynamic, responsive, low latency and real-time user interfaces for high traffic mobile products.
- Deep knowledge of React & React Native and NodeJS built with Redux, Sagas and Thunks.
- Experience doing in-person user research and effectively using the findings.
- Ability to build out component based front-end architecture.
- Experience working with designers communicating in a clear and concise way.
- Understanding of complex user tasks that scale from novice to advanced.
- Experience working in a fast paced and execution focused environment.
- Strong accountability, work ethic and sense of urgency.
WHAT YOU'LL GET FROM MOTHERSHIP:
- Competitive compensation package that includes meaningful equity.
- Full health, dental and vision (PPO)
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Work at our bright, window filled, open floor plan office in West Los Angeles.
- Equipped with sit / stand desk, 27" 4K monitor and top spec MacBook Pro.
This is a unique opportunity where you'll work alongside our founding team, learn invaluable lessons and have the opportunity to affect change. Additionally, your opportunity to grow within the company is unlimited. Fair warning however, this is a start-up - the hours are longer and the work is harder than you're used to. You'll only want to do this if you fundamentally believe in our mission and the prosperity achieving it can eventually bring all of us.