We are a fast growing medical billing company looking for a positive person who is interested in being a success and will help take the company to the next level. The seasoned professional for this job needs superior communication and computer skills including familiarity, Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.This individual will be responsible for billing, collections, appeals, data entry, phone calls, inquires, and other functions as assigned by the Billing Manager, focused on anesthesia billing.
ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to appeal denied and deficient claims.
- Ability to spell, have good grammar, and be able to write a business letter.
- Ability to Process EOB’s, post payments, and adjustments
- Participates in educational activities and reports needed information to Supervisor.
- Maintains expert knowledge of billing work-flow and optimizes use of available technology.
- Responsible for helping review insurance denials related to billing.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Able to perform all essential duties with or without accommodations, including but not limited to:
- Aggressive follow up in collecting from insurance companies
- Skill in fast data entry and accuracy.
- High level of discretional, interpersonal skills.
- Tactfulness in dealing with patients, co-workers and other professional offices.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Minimum of 1 year medical billing experience (anesthesia experience is a MUST)
- Knowledge of CPT, and/or ICD-9
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory government provisions
- Knowledge of laws that regulates communication and privacy act. HIPAA laws and understanding of the application of all above
- High School diploma required.