GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR A PERMANENT POSITION AT A LOCAL FOOD MANUFACTURER!
The Building Maintenance Technician provides the foundation for safe, quality food products by completing proper machine cleaning and sanitation tasks along with building/facilities needs. This position is required to follow regulatory standards to ensure both food products and processes are clean and sterile. This is a full-time, 2nd shift, non-exempt position that reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate the CIP (clean-in-place) system to clean and sanitize equipment and pipelines
- Disassembly and reassembly of production pipes, pumps, and valves pipes and performs necessary cleaning, sanitizing, and reassembling of these pieces of equipment
- Operates and monitors CIP process; identifies issues and notifies management
- Disassembles conveyor belting in the production area for cleaning
- Ability to identify electrical items on machinery that can be damaged by water/chemical
- Cleans dust, soil, oil, glue, and grease from mixing equipment, production machinery, overhead pipes, and conveyors
- Cleans and maintains floors throughout production area
- Operates industrial trucks and scissor lifts to complete necessary sanitation functions within plant
- Cleans light fixtures and replaces bulbs
- Painting in the production area as needed
- Ensure compliance to plant policies and Federal and State regulations including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Maintains continual communication with other team members including the immediate supervisor, quality control, maintenance, production scheduling, warehouse, etc. in order to keep the production line running as efficiently as possible
- Adhere to quality and safety standards
- Accurately record hours worked
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Related experience preferred but will train the right candidate!
- Must be detail oriented and quick learner
- Ability to work within deadlines
- Ability to work alone or as a member of a team, good cooperative skills
- Previous manufacturing, warehouse or retail work experience preferred
- May require flexibility in scheduling
- $14.50/hour starting wage; $0.65 Shift Differential = $15.15 per hour
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching all day with the ability to be mobile throughout required work areas. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items up to 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be expected to work inside a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to changing temperatures (hot, cold, humid), moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises. The noise level in the work environment can be loud; vibration levels are moderate.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401(k), with company matching
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Sick days/personal days
- Paid Holidays