The QA Lab LAB TECHNICIAN supports plant operations by monitoring adherence to food safety and quality policies through observations and in-process tests. This is a full-time, 1st or 3rd shift, non-exempt position that reports to the Quality Assurance Manager. First shift starts at 7:00am and third shift starts at 8:00 and other times at 9:00pm.
- Ensure compliance to plant policies and Federal and State regulations including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)/Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls (HARPC)
- Conduct pre-operational inspection of equipment
- Adhere to quality and safety standards
- Accurately record hours worked
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Test in-process products for compliance to specification and formulate adjustments as necessary
- Check units on the production lines to ensure products are within quality and food safety limits
- Document test results; communicate deviations to management and co-workers
- 4-year degree in Food Microbiology or related, or combination of education/experience
- Related work experience a plus
- HACCP/HARPC certified or the ability to become certified
- Computer skills: Must be able to utilize effectively: BPCS, MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment which includes but not limited to: noise, changing temperatures (hot, cold, humid), standing/walking/bending/stooping/climbing stairs, maneuvering around manufacturing equipment
- May require flexibility in scheduling
- Non-exempt and commensurate with education and experience
- Third shift receives a additional $1.00 shift differential per hour
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching all day with the ability to be mobile throughout required work areas; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee may frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be expected to work inside a manufacturing environment with regular exposure to changing temperatures (hot, cold, humid), moving mechanical parts, dust, fumes, chemicals, and loud noises. The noise level in the work environment can be loud; vibration levels are moderate.
- Health & Dental Insurance with large percentage of premiums employer paid
- 401(k), with company matching
- Life Insurance premiums employer paid
- Flexible Spending Account / Health Savings Account
- Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Sick days/personal days
- Paid Holidays