Responsible for maximizing profitability of new and used vehicles through prospect sourcing and building positive customer relationships which model the highest level of responsiveness and provide a quality customer experience at every point of sales contact.
- Devoted to insuring satisfaction to customers.
- Determine management, production and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
- Attend company meetings as required.
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow through with assigned projects.
- Establish personal performance goals that are consistent with company standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of technology changes in products and services.
- Know and understand the federal, state and local requirements which govern the company’s business.
- Follow lawful directions from supervisors.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Interact well with others and be a positive influence on employee morale.
- Uphold the company’s non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements.
- Work evening, weekend and holiday work hours as required.
- Coordinate with the Sales Manager to set and meet new and used sales quotas. Meet the profit margin goals for vehicle sales.
- Fully utilize CRM system to capture and maintain in a timely, complete and organized manner electronic information relevant to prospects, sales, and customers.
- Introduce customers to parts, service, F&I, and general merchandise departments.
- Utilize floor time effectively in meeting the customer’s needs and soliciting sales.
- Make sure that customers are aware of the features and benefits on all products.
- Consistently use established procedures to complete all paperwork correctly and on time.
- Actively develop prospects.
- Demonstrate to each customer the advantages of products over competing brands.
- With all new and used vehicles sales, effectively cross sell accessories, additional parts, F&I products, service contracts, warranties, etc.
- Be polite and friendly and greet customers promptly. Consistently follow the outlined sales process.
- Verify that customers are qualified for their wants, needs, and ability to buy.
- Deal with customer complaints in a sensible manner by showing empathy and a pleasant attitude to show our commitment to excellent customer service and to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Ensure that customers receive consistent treatment by always following the documented procedures.
- Conduct telephone transactions courteously and promptly.
- Utilize the delivery of any new or used vehicle to create an event that will facilitate customer loyalty to the dealership.
- Utilize a consistent quotation process for purchases, trade-ins, and vehicle sales.
- Consistently contact customers by means of CRM system, mailing lists and personal follow up to promote additional sales and customer satisfaction.
- Perform pre-delivery inspection before delivery to customer.
- Attend pertinent training and stay current with with sales department concerns and sales techniques.
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities.
- Be an outgoing, energetic people person.
- Must have the ability to get along with a broad customer base.
- Extensive familiarity with sales and closing techniques.
- Familiarity with Harley-Davidson products.
- Proficiency with basic computer operation.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
- Professional personal appearance.
- Ability to meet company's production and quality standards.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Must be capable of standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Must be able to operate office equipment including telephone, copier, fax machine, calculator, etc.
- Noise level in the work environment may be loud.
- Must have the ability to routinely balance and push motor vehicles of up to 950 lbs.
- Must be able to work indoors in air-conditioned areas as well as outside in the weather and elements.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.