The PURCHASING INTERN will perform tasks that provide assistance to members in the Program Management supply chain. The main projects that the intern will work on consist of material requirement planning and maintaining operation buyers. Essential responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Participate in processing purchase requisitions to purchase orders in CostPoint.
- Work closely with buyers and other internal stake holders for timely execution of PR’s (Purchase requisitions) and PO’s (purchase orders).
- Responsible for the timely and accurate entry of data into CostPoint.
- Use CostPoint and Excel to generate reports for the department.
- Work with warehouse/receiving personnel to close out PO’s.
- Training in the use of good buying techniques and value analysis to maximize us of corporate funds.
- Work with Material Planners to assist with material ordering and release processes.
- Assume responsibility for other work as assigned by the Purchasing Manager.