Mortgage Loan Officer Job Responsibilities:
Increases mortgage loan portfolio by developing business contacts; attracting mortgage customers; completing mortgage loan processing and closing; supervising staff.
Mortgage Loan Office Job Duties:
- Accomplishes mortgage loan human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets mortgage loan operational standards by contributing mortgage loan information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying mortgage loan system improvements.
- Meets mortgage loan financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Attracts new mortgage loan applications by developing relationships within the community, specifically with the real estate community; making sales calls to prospective customers.
- Approves mortgage loans by examining application and supporting documentation; estimating credit-worthiness; calculating repayment risk.
- Competes mortgage loans by monitoring collection, verification, and preparation of mortgage loan documentation; scheduling and completing mortgage loan closing.
- Protects mortgage bank's image by keeping mortgage loan information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes mortgage bank mission by completing related results as needed.
Mortgage Loan Officer Skills and Qualifications:
Audit, Financial Skills, Financial Software, Customer Service, Thoroughness, Confidentiality, Analyzing Information , Decision Making, Verbal Communication, Professionalism, Quality Focus