NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn is a full-service teaching hospital and Level I trauma center located in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The hospital is central to a comprehensive network of affiliated ambulatory and outpatient practices, and serves as NYU Langone Health's anchor for healthcare access, growth, and delivery in the entire borough. Learn more about NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Patient Services Associate.
The Patient Service Associate performs diversified clerical functions in Registration/Information, Appointments, Patient Care modules and other areas such as Cashiering and Medical Records. Duties may vary depending upon the needs of the work site. Maintains the security and confidentiality of patient information at all times.
- Greet all patients, family or other related individuals while maintaining excellent customer service at all times
- Registration functions in accordance with LFHC Registration polices including, but not limited to: a) visit registration, b) translation needs & documentation, c) verification of demographic information including Home Address, Proper phone number, Email address, d) verification of Primary Care Provider, e) verify Site Indicator, f) obtain Photo ID and Insurance ID Card, g) obtain consent for treatment, h) offer new patient packages inclusive of LFHC programs and services, contact phone numbers, after hour information, HIPAA and advance directive information.
- Financial functions in accordance with LFHC Financial polices including, but not limited to:a)Insurance eligibility verification at every visit b) collect Co-pays, Deductibles, Self-Pay Rates when applicable, c) uninsured patients- Determine eligibility for other financial programs and assist with application completion, d) performs Cashiering tasks as assigned.
- Electronic Health Record (eHR) competencies in accordance with LFHC eHR polices including, but not limited to: a) scanning insurance card, photo ID and consents and other forms as directed, b) capture patient photo for the eHR, c) web enable all eligible patients with email addresses, d) facilitate patient flow by changing visit status for office visit (including Check out when discharged), e) Failed Appts. -Change status to No Show and assign for recall'Monitor and address Recall bins as per Failed Appointment policy
- Telephone functions in accordance with LFHC telephone polices including, but not limited to: a) answer phones timely in a friendly customer service manner including identifying the facility's name and PSA's first name, b) identify the nature of the call and act appropriately, .c) take messages if necessary, d) confirmation calls for upcoming appointments
- Discharge functions in accordance with LFHC discharge polices including, but not limited to: a) create follow up appointments in accordance with the providers instructions, b) create appointment for specialty services (including radiology) and ensure referrals are in place, c) print all necessary documents for patients to take home appointment records, referrals, and lab/radiology forms, d) distribute Metro Cards when appropriate.
- Works in conjunction with the healthcare team, participating in site improvement efforts, accepting coverage assignments. Realizes integral role as part of a healthcare team and is an active participant regarding flow, patient care, process issues/suggestions, barriers to care and safety concerns.
- Reports problems with workflow, conflicts, further skill training and/or other related concerns to supervisory staff.
- Provides translation assistance as needed to facilitate the patient and provider interaction.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and respect for coworkers/patients cultural backgrounds.
- Other functions as assigned by a supervisory staff.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma or equivalent required. 2+ years relevant experience. Strong customer service and communication skills. Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook. Familiarity or prior experience with office setting. Prior customer service experience. Must be articulate with good interpersonal skills. Must have knowledge of computer keyboard able to type a minimum of 20 words per minute. Must be able to accurately enter data. Willingness to devote the time required completing assigned tasks on schedule.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Hospital - Brooklyn provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Hospital-Brooklyn is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Hospital- Brooklyn's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.