Family Health Centers at NYU Langone, a designated Level 3 Medical Home, is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. It includes nine primary care sites, 33 school-based health centers and dental clinics, four day care centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The network also includes 12 community medicine sites providing care to disenfranchised New Yorkers, comprehensive HIV services, chemical dependency programs, and a family support center that offers educational, vocational, and other social support programs. Learn more about Family Health Centers at NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Director-Patient Relations & Engagement.
The Director is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all patient relations and engagement activities for the Family Health Center (FHC) at NYU Langone that exceeds the expectations of our patients and families, physicians and employees. The Director is charged with leading efforts to identify, develop, improve, and deliver patient engagement and outreach strategies for the FHC that result in increased new patient volume and long term patient retention. The leader provides leadership and guidance of patient satisfaction related activities (including complaints and grievances) to all areas of the FHC utilizing effective measurement, strategies, coaching and education.
- Partner with FHC leadership to identify, determine, review and implement appropriate outreach strategies to promote patient engagement in selecting the FHC as a provider of choice.
- Establish collaborative and productive working relationships with a wide range of community organizations, patient advocacy groups, local agencies, managed care plans, and other key constituents to further outreach and engagement goals.
- Conduct regular site visits to key partners and community organizations to build and strengthen relationships.
- Coordinate meetings and forums with community stakeholders as a method of engaging in bi-directional communication and awareness of the FHC.
- Facilitate the development of short-and long-term innovative strategies and tactical plans that promote opportunities for patient engagement. Areas of focus should be in line with key strategic initiatives set by FHC leadership.
- Lead efforts to translate strategy development into effective planning, development, execution, and evaluation of new patient engagement and program marketing initiatives.
- Remain abreast of new developments in the communities we serve that have a potential positive or negative impact on a FHC site and/or clinical program as well as identify potential business development or partnership opportunities.
- Participate in appropriate committees and work groups to identify opportunities where patient engagement and marketing efforts can help improve overall engagement.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations clinical services and operations to effectively convey to external groups the workings of the FHC and programs offered.
- Is willing to adjust personal schedule to accommodate outreach strategies that accommodate patient and customer preferences and needs.
- Solicit feedback and input in the community on patient satisfaction and experience with the FHC and identify opportunities for improvement in underperforming areas.
- Collaborate with marketing, public relations, community affairs and government relations throughout the health system to leverage existing relationships and activities with community organizations.
- Develop a communications plan to ensure community groups are engaged with the the FHC and updated on programs and services available for patients.
- Identify opportunities to leverage social media and other uses of technology as a means for promoting FHC services and patient engagement.
- Works collaboratively with all team members and support staff across the.
- Ensure appropriate education materials are available for patients and community groups promoting FHC services and programs.
- Lead all Patient Satisfaction related activities, including service recovery.
- Lead efforts to improve public image through analysis of internal and publicly reported data.
- Provide oversight for key functions of Patient Relations including Patient and Pediatric bill of rights, collaborative decision-making, understanding consumer behavior, ethical behavior and the Grievance and complaint management process, in compliance with federal, state and regulatory guidelines.
- Lead the management of complaint cases in conjunction with Risk Management; follows up on incident reports and/or complaints related and takes action to prevent future occurrences.
- Ensure consistent patient feedback mechanisms (Rate My Hospital) are in place and acted on.
- Evaluate the impact of organizational decisions that affect the experience of our patients and families.
- In conjunction FHC leadership, collaborates on the patient satisfaction data analysis to identify opportunities and gaps, and develops sound improvement strategies.
- Design and facilitate focus groups, in-depth interviews and/or customized qualitative studies as necessary to meet the FHC patient relations goals and objectives.
- Oversee and coordinate education and training for for patient satisfaction and experience.
- Deliver presentations with clear, effective, and actionable findings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 5 years experience in a professional role relevant to the requirements of the position.
- The position requires a highly motivated individual who can work independently, think strategically, and collaborate transversally to accomplish complex deliverables.
- Ability to analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions, and devise appropriate courses of action.
- Excellent written communication and oral presentation skills.
- Exceptional relationship and organizational skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proficient in the use of PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Masters degree.
- Superior customer service skills.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's network provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
Family Health Centers at NYU Langone is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view Family Health Centers at NYU Langone's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.