NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is one of the nation's leading orthopedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopedic program in New York City. The hospital is consistently ranked among the leading orthopedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopedic Surgery, Rheumatology, Neurology, and Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a MRI Technologist.
In this role, the successful candidate performs medically prescribed MRI procedures of designated anatomical areas under the general direction of the radiologist and supervisor.
- Maximize Exam Quality: Employee follows the guidelines set by NYULMC to meet the standards of care.
- Maximize Image Quality: Employee follows the guidelines set by NYULMC to meet the standards of care
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attendance and Additional Performance Standards:Demonstrates reliability by maintaining a good attendance/punctuality record. Adheres to departmental guidelines regarding use of and proper notification in connection with time off. Number of incidents of Unscheduled Absence: _Number of incidents of Lateness: _Adheres to Employee Health requirements for an annual health assessment, including TB screening and proof of all required immunizations.Maintains a professional appearance; wears identification badge at all times while at the Medical Center. If registered, completes 24 credits per biennium in various continuing education programs to keep current in new procedures, state of the art techniques, and equipment to maintain active registry status. Completes a minimum of five MRI CME credits per year as per ACR requirements for an ACR accredited facility.
- Demonstrates skill in equipment set-up, utilization and proper maintenance procedure: Performs visual and manual quality control checks of MRI equipment. Uses imaging and peripheral equipment, in a safe and productive manner in accordance with prescribed hospital, departmental and manufacturers procedures. Observes and reports any malfunctioning of the equipment and notifies appropriate persons in case of missing or damaged equipment. Demonstrates knowledge of proper use of computer product printers, i.e. label printers, report printers, etc, and minor adjustments to correct malfunctions.
- Independently implements patient procedures in accordance with departmental protocols and standards: Explains the procedure and equipment to the patient clearly. Provides for patient comfort before, during and after procedure, and maintains an ongoing rapport with the patient throughout the procedure to ease any anxiety the patient may have. Provides for patient privacy at all times. Positions patient and MRI equipment appropriate to the body part(s) to be imaged and adjust equipment settings accordingly to insure maximum information is obtained. Uses identifying markers appropriately. Follows accepted MRI procedures. Reviews patient information sheet; considers variety of protocols and rationale in determining positioning and technique. Follows special instructions indicated on radiographic requisition. Ensures that all exams completed are of high quality. Uses positioning and immobilizing devices to improve image quality.Solves problems that arise during patient examinations using both technical knowledge and innovation. Alters examination to maximize information in response to patients condition. Confers with other technologists concerning previous approaches utilized.Assists physicians as needed during the course of the procedure. Performs transmission and/or segmentation for transmission to PACS in a complete and proper anatomic display. Generates high quality hard copies of images when necessary. Uses efficient methods and completes examinations assigned in reasonable amount of time. Maintains cleanliness of radiographic area. Prepares equipment and supplies in advance for future exams. Is able to recognize a medical emergency and notifies nurse, PA and/or MD immediately.
- Effectively assesses patients information and status, and plans appropriate procedure(s) accordingly: Uses standard procedures to identify the correct patient. Checks patients wristband by name, unit, and room number to ensure patients ID matches examination requisition. OR calls patient by last name, asking patient to confirm their identity by stating their first name. Introduces self to the patient. Reviews patients requisition and understands the type of exam required by each requisition and confers with medical staff regarding clarification when necessary. Seeks information or asks for assistance from supervisor regarding difficult or questionable results. Follows accepted radiologic procedures and uses medical information to determine type of protocol required for radiographic examination. Consults policy and procedure manuals and/or other reference materials as necessary to ensure actions conform to established protocols. Follows special instructions indicated on radiographic requisition. Recognizes need for and follows isolation precautions.
- Demonstrates skill in using the hospital and radiology information systems as they relate to radiology: Correctly chooses appropriate patient information from HIS/RIS system in accordance with HIPPA regulations. Demonstrates ability to access patient information such as appointment times, type of exam, and patient reports. Is knowledgeable of the total cycle of RIS patient tracking. Follows departmental policy of documenting begin, complete and departure times, when appropriate, in the RIS. Has working knowledge of film library functions. Demonstrates knowledge of the HIS and is able to access patient data for verification of orders. Competent in scheduling exams in RIS from the order entry queue and/or demonstrates the ability to modify exams when necessary. Maintains department log books in an orderly manner, records machine performance data as directed, all according to established departmental procedures.
High School Diploma or the equivalent, 2+ years of experience, New York State(Radiologic technology, Nuclear Medicine, Radiation Therapy), ARRT Primary Certification/Registration, Advanced ARRT Certification in MRI, IV Contrast certification must be obtained with three months of hire.
REQUIRED LICENSES: Radiologic TechLic IV-Cert-NYS, Radiologic Tech Lic - NYS, Am Registry Of Radiologic Tech
Bachelor's Degree in Physics/Sciences.Completion of MRI training program.Registered Technologist, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.Advance Certification in MRI.Prior MRI experience.Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy computer science, and/or electronics.Maintain 15 MRI CME credits in previous three years.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view the NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.