If you’ve been waiting for a chance to learn more about working in our world-class medical facilities at locations throughout New York City’s five boroughs and Long Island, this is your opportunity! We are looking for medical administrative support staff who know how to deliver quality patient care. YOU MUST APPLY ONLINE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE EVENT.
WE WILL HAVE PER DIEM, TEMPORARY, PART-TIME, AND FULL-TIME OPPORTUNITIES IN THE FOLLOWING ROLES:
- FGP SECRETARY I-INTAKE/SCHEDULER
High School Diploma or the equivalent is required.
- FGP SECRETARY II-INTAKE/SCHEDULER
High School Diploma or the equivalent AND a minimum of three years of relevant medical clerical experience.
In these roles, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing basic front-desk support for clinical intake operations.
- Provides reception assistance (i.e. greet patients, answer calls, requests for assistance are directed to proper individual, etc.). Screens telephone callers in pleasant and a professional manner; handles calls; takes messages or directs caller to appropriate person or area.
- Schedules routine appointments and follow ups for visits and procedures that do not require/or have already been pre-authorized. Prepares the daily schedule. Refers all inquiries regarding pre-authorizations/certifications to the Medical Secretary.
- Responsible for patient check-in and check-out. Gathers all patient demographic related data and materials from patients and/or their representatives. Obtains insurance information (ID card, member/group #s, etc.), verifies insurance eligibility electronically, takes their picture and asks them to use Patient Secure. On subsequent visits, asks them to verify demographic info and makes any necessary edits. Collects and asks patients to sign patient related documents including HIPAA, MSPQ, ABN, etc. Follows up with patients and/or their representatives, physician offices, etc. to gather missing data and materials in order to complete the intake process, or refers to more senior level staff.
- Scans all necessary documents (insurance cards, lab requisitions, etc.) into the intake system.
- Monitors intake work queue for timely intake completion.
- Refers patients who have a question regarding insurance coverage or are in need of counsel on financial matters based on established criteria (e.g., denial of electronic insurance eligibility, ABN questions/concerns, questions regarding insurance or pay-or restrictions, making payment, multi plan determinations, any and all issues/questions/concerns relating to financial matters) to the Business Office Associate.
- Maintains cooperative and professional relationships with physicians, nurses and office and clinical staff.
- Types routine material such as forms and letters, envelopes, etc. Types materials neatly, accurately and according to instructions. Writes materials clearly and legibly.
- Answers patient questions to ensure understanding and patient satisfaction, or refers them to more senior level staff. Maintains confidentiality on matters to which they are privileged.
- Maintains and receives files for area. Maintains files in organized and up-to-date manner in order to facilitate their retrieval. Completes filing in accordance with departmental procedures. Sorts and distributes documents and forms for area section. Distributes materials according to content of communications and departmental procedures. Logs in materials with respect to time and data when applicable. Processes incoming and outgoing documents. Completes forms neatly. Secures appropriate signatures and forwards documents/forms to correct destination based on pertinent Medical Center procedures. Maintains copy for files. Faxes documents in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Maintains supplies and cleanliness of space, restocks supplies as needed. Notifies supervisor of any shortage of supplies.
- Performs other related duties as needed by providers and supervisors.
* DUE TO HIGH APPLICANT VOLUME, ONLY SELECTED QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED WITH A TIME AND LOCATION FOR THE INTERVIEW DAY AFTER APPLYING TO THE JOB POSTING. *
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.