NYU LANGONE HEALTH is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, and NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Assistant Operations Manager.
In this role, the successful candidate:
- supervises all aspects of elevator operations systems in the Medical Center. Assists with managing and supervising vendors staff for outsourced, maintenance contracts, such as fire alarm, elevator maintenance, medical gas outlets, air filters, etc.
- Oversees all aspects of the fire alarm systems, maintenance and handle all pertaining documentation, specifically including for class E buildings. Responsible for maintaining complete files on all preventive maintenance and services contracts for the department.
- Oversees all aspects of facilities related projects as requested by Director of Engineering.
- Elevator Operation & Maintenance: Oversees all aspects of operations and maintenance; Tracks billing, service invoices and schedules work; Acts as liaison between contractors and management regarding all aspects of operations; Manages all contracts and respective documents; Supervises contractors and technicians; Competitively bids all contracts, Elevators; Refrigeration (Maintenance Shops: In conjunction with the shop managers maintains all aspects of maintenance operations.
- Contract Management: Includes all outsourced contracts as articulated on the attached schedule;
- Offsite Properties: Provides maintenance, operations and repairs management services for the current portfolio of off campus properties.
- Maintain and establish performance data of equipment. Ensure system performance to meet regulatory agency and code requirements. Oversee maintenance of "As-Builtdrawings LAN and control systems riser diagrams.
- Perform physical mechanical equipment room surveys to ensure that physical plant equipment is working properly and efficiently. Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all utility and engineering building systems and applicable codes and regulations.
- Provide support for the development of curricula for the education of operating personnel on methods of operation, testing and maintenance to promote safety and efficiency.
- Works collaboratively and shares necessary tools, information and resources to accomplish goals. Open-minded towards new ideas from staff at all levels.
- Safety: Maintains job competencies necessary to ensure a safe environment. Understands fire safety plan for work area. Identifies, corrects or reports hazards
- Physical Environment: Makes frequent inspections of all working areas to assure that proper standards are observed, and to assess if all regulations (Federal, State, City and Medical Center) are followed. Identifies and reports defective equipment fixtures and utilities.
- Learning and Professional Growth: Demonstrates ability to learn and adapt to changes. Attends all institutional and departmental orientation programs as required. Offers constructive and specific suggestions to others. Assesses own professional growth and expects to be assessed by others.
- Project Management: Oversees all aspects of facilities related projects as requested by Director of Engineering.
- TJC & CMS Preparation: In conjunction with Vice President and other operations managers prepares for JCAHO review and inspection. Act as departmental representative for TJC and CMS and maintenance rounds; Responsible for communicating all information and concerns to Operations Managers for TJC and CMS. inspection and to follow up in all items as needed; Assist in to prepare all TJC & CMS documentation for survey including maintenance policies, all procedures, utility management plan, plan for improvements and the statement of conditions.
- Offsite Properties: Provides management services for the current portfolio of off campus properties; Manages all services for the current portfolio of off-campus properties; Manages all maintenance and repair activities and complete contract management; Maintains regulatory compliance permits, inspections, emergency generator testing and emergency response; Ensures that all charges (PMRs) and invoices are kept up-to-date; Develops and maintains maintenance and repair budgets for each property.
To qualify you must have a Bachelor's degree in science, technology, engineering, math or management; other disciplines considered.
Five years of management related experience or equivalent work experience in field of Facilities Management is required.
2-5 years of trade supervision experience is acceptable. Good verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Familiarity with all types of mechanical electrical, plumbing systems, building automation systems, energy conservation programs, utility distribution and management/supervision in a union shops environment is required. In addition, must possess the ability to function in stressful situations and respond to emergency condition
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.