If you’ve been waiting for a chance to learn more about working in our world-class medical facilities at locations throughout New York City’s five boroughs and Long Island, this is your opportunity. We’re looking for medical assistants who know how to deliver quality patient care. We have both full-time and temporary opportunities. YOU MUST APPLY ONLINE IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE EVENT.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for assisting physicians and nurses in providing patient care.
- Obtains vital signs, weights, and EKGs when needed, and all other tests within the scope of the practice. Assist with blood collection/phlebotomy as needed.
- Assist with maintaining patient flow to and from exam rooms and treatment areas. Assists in escorting patients and specimens throughout the facility.
- Ensures chart is available, with relevant lab work and test reports if indicated, for the physician when the physician sees the patient.
- Stocks exam room/treatment rooms with medical supplies, linen, and designated chart forms. Notify the Office Manager when supplies are low.
- Ensures exam rooms and treatment areas are cleaned after each patient leaves and prepared for the next patient. Assists with light housekeeping duties which include spills.
- Assures completion of patient charges as per policy.
- Assists patient with obtaining food, toileting, ambulating and maintaining comfort.
- Assists physicians with procedures (e.g. GI procedures, all medical exams).
- Cleans and sterilizes designated equipment after use.
- Answers telephone in treatment area and assists staff in scheduling treatments.
- Assists patients and communicate with Physicians to obtain prescription renewals as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To qualify you must have:
- A High School Diploma or the equivalent AND
- Completed a Medical Assistant Program from an accredited institution OR Current Medical Assistant Certification from a nationally recognized accredited institution (such as, American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA); American Medical Technologists (AMT); National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT); or National Healthcare Association (NHA))
- MA experience preferred
- EKG and/or Spirometry experience preferred
- Second language mastery
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
DUE TO HIGH APPLICANT VOLUME, ONLY SELECTED QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED WITH A TIME AND LOCATION FOR THE INTERVIEW DAY AFTER APPLYING TO THE JOB POSTING.