ABOUT THE BOOKKEEPER POSITION
We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to work part-time (15-20 hours per week) and assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. As our business scales, there is the opportunity for this to transition into a full-time position.
The successful candidate's primary responsibility will be recording all financial transactions for our business on a daily basis. You will collaborate with our outside accounting firm and finance team to help prepare financial reports and manage invoices and tax payments.
The ideal candidate for this position is reliable, committed to consistently meeting deadlines and has experience with both QuickBooks Online and bill.com.
ABOUT NEIGHBORHOOD GOODS
Neighborhood Goods is a contemporary evolution of — and alternative to — the department store.
Featuring an ever-changing landscape of the world's best brands and products, Neighborhood Goods is working to craft a cohesive and immersive retail and social environment for customers to explore and for brands to grow.
Neighborhood Goods is based in Dallas, Texas and proud to be backed by some of the most prominent investors in the industry, including Forerunner Ventures, Maveron, CAA Ventures, Revolution's Rise of the Rest, Global Founders Capital, NextGen Venture Partners, and more
BOOKKEEPER RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Manage financial transactions and oversee posting procedures on a weekly basis
- Input bills/invoices into bill.com for on-time payment and manage outgoing invoices to relevant partners
- Compile month-end reports and data for outside accounting firm to close books
- Work with outside accounting firm to process tax forms and handle the tax data
- Store and maintain all bookkeeping data
- In collaboration with the outside accounting team and internal finance team, create and manage reports and financial statements
BOOKKEEPER REQUIREMENTS ARE:
- 3+ years' experience of working on a Bookkeeper position
- Excellent knowledge of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable practices
- Strong data entry and numeric skills
- Good practical experience with spreadsheets and related corporate software
- Accuracy, reliability, and attention to detail
We welcome all applicants. Neighborhood Goods prides itself upon being an equal opportunity workplace, embracing diversity in its stores, offices, and beyond.