RLI's Human Resources department is hiring an HR Business Partner to join our team in the Peoria, IL home office. Under occasional supervision, this position will provide both tactical and strategic support to managers for all HR functions, while also serving as the primary HR contact to employees for assigned departments and branch locations. Main duties will include:
- Execute core HR activities for assigned departments and product groups.
- Serve as the employee contact for questions relating to all areas of HR including: recruiting, performance management, benefits, employee relations, and general HR questions.
- Provide guidance to employees and managers on various organizational development initiatives such as employee engagement, recognition, and mentoring.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers at a variety of levels and develop basic knowledge of product / functional areas.
- Lead the hiring process for assigned jobs including sourcing, screening, scheduling interviews for the hiring managers, negotiating compensation, and qualifying through a background investigation, while adhering to legal requirements on hiring practices.
- Utilize external recruiting job boards, websites, social media, colleges, and professional societies to recruit; identify other innovative recruiting methods to source active and passive candidates.
- Onboard new hires by communicating the organization’s total rewards, culture, access to compliance information, and other employment guidelines
- Support managers on coaching and counseling for performance management and high-potential development. Provide guidance to employee and managers on individual development plans and facilitate annual talent review discussions.
- Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization’s performance management and compensation processes.
- Coach employees, managers, and leaders on employee relations issues while reinforcing the organizations’ goals and values to create an environment of safety, trust, and honesty.
- Facilitate at meetings and/or present at and participate in department or annual product meetings or town halls for assigned business units
- Ownership of various training programs including creation of content and job aids to support learning opportunities. Facilitate off-the-shelf and custom content learning via classroom instruction, webinars, virtual, and blended learning; incorporate a variety of presentation methods and applications to accommodate adult learning styles.
- Ability to use analytical methods in the recruiting, selection, and hiring processes to understand relationships, check facts, and find creative yet workable solutions.
- Ability to generate innovative solutions within the recruiting process.
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations to management on matters of recruiting.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees on recruiting and company matters.
- Ability to use spreadsheet software to summarize and analyze large amounts of employee data.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Ability to train and demonstrate exceptional facilitation, presentation, and listening skills.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or in a related field and 5-8 years of experience in a similar field or position.
- Any World at Work or SHRM designations preferred.