Functional responsibilities include directing the Corporate accounting function; maintaining adequate financial records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate financial reporting risks; and ensuring that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. Responsible for Corporate financial forecasting activities and actual versus forecast analysis. Responsible for building strong relationships with internal customers.
- Direct management of two Corporate Accountants and the general ledger.
- Manage intercompany relationships between Corporate accounts and business unit accounts. Handle responsibility for monthly Corporate financial forecasts and analysis of actual vs. forecast/plan amounts. Work closely with the Financial Planning & Analysis team to provide monthly actuals in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform various projects and analysis as requested.
- Travel may be required on a limited basis. Longer hours are required during quarter- and year-end financial closing cycles. Longer hours may also be required on an as-needed basis.
- Oversee and participate in monthly close process and other daily activities (e.g. journal entries, accruals process, account reconciliations, and monthly financial reporting) of the corporate office. This includes ensuring Corporate’s financial/accounting processes are performed in a timely and accurate manner per the close calendar and according to the Company’s standards.
- Manage annual audits and quarterly reviews with external auditors regarding Corporate matters.
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance; participate in ongoing monitoring, testing and evaluation of internal controls regarding Corporate matters.
- Manage Corporate budgeting process to meet departmental needs and organization objectives.
- Play a key role in partnering with business unit finance operations to drive operational initiatives.
- Help lead, identify and implement best practices and improvements in accounting and reporting processes and controls.
- Ensure accuracy of Corporate records through strict account reconciliation procedures and periodic trial balance reviews.
- Oversee financial and accounting system controls regarding Corporate matters.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting required
- Certified Public Accountant license or Masters Degree preferred, not required.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to meet the needs of the business while ensuring compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred and strong organizational, communication, and decision-making skills are necessary.
- The candidate must have strong communication (oral and written) and relationship building skills. Proficient skills with core Microsoft Office products required.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management and other functions within the organization.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, project management and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Minimum of 6 years progressive experience in accounting or related field, significant accounting / financial leadership experience in medium to large complex public companies.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting, financial/reporting processes and internal controls.
- The candidate must demonstrate previous experience and success in influencing and driving change, projects and programs across multiple organizations / functions.