This is broad-based, information systems related position to support of all Authority Departments and functions requiring information and technical services. The position's principal focus will be to support the Authority's financial information system (Microsoft Dynamics GP2016) and customer information system (Cogsdale CSM).
Other IT system support functions include maintenance of existing systems, coordination with outside IT vendors, system training of personnel, and preparation of system-related planning for the IT Manager's review.
- Maintains, modifies, and supports current applications in place relating to the Authority's customer billing and accounting systems.
- Maintain and modification of current system integrations and external payment streams within the CIS and related service agreements.
- Creation, modification, and maintenance of system reports and functions in relation to the Authority's CIS and FIS.
- Management and collaboration with system vendors in the process of troubleshooting escalated incidents, patching, and upgrade of required systems.
- Updating and creation of best practices and standard operating procedures for Authority application environments. To create a streamlined and proactive environment.
- Identifies and understands day-to-day functions and operations of Authority information systems including, available data, required data, workflows, and resource availability in addition to other pertinent data.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and correct information systems' malfunctions and initiates necessary remediation.
- Installs or assists in installation of purchased hardware and software.
- Makes recommendations for the purchase of hardware and software expansion needs and replacements as needed.
- Assists in or trains designated employees in the use of Authority software, network applications and hardware to ensure employee acceptance and usability.
- Maintains awareness of changing market technologies in relationship to existing and future Authority information system needs.
- A desire to grow knowledge of overall system functions to understand additional system functionality. Including knowledge of meter reading system, such as AMI. To expand position and career trajectory.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Minimum of 3 years of working in IT systems, including training, implementation, and maintenance for information systems.
- Possession of related certifications from an accredited organization and/or equivalent relevant experience, bachelor's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Financial Information and Customer Information Systems. (Microsoft Dynamics GP2016 and Cogsdale CSM a plus).
- Considerable knowledge of computer equipment, computer languages and operation of computer systems in use at the Authority. (SQL / database knowledge / finance application knowledge)
- Ability to maintain existing systems in conjunction with outside IT vendors as required.
- Ability to exercise ingenuity and inventiveness in problem solving; skill in applying procedures to improve organizational productivity and efficiency.
- Ability to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to others.
ABOUT NORTH PENN WATER AUTHORITY
Established in 1965, North Penn Water Authority (NPWA) is a municipally owned, nonprofit Authority with a dedicated, professional workforce committed to providing the community with a safe, reliable, and economical water supply. Our employees, many of whom are NPWA customers themselves, take pride in being able to provide this service to the community. We look forward to the successful candidate joining our team.