photographer/videographer at nowspace
NowSpace looking for a highly motivated, results-driven, creative, and artistically talented Photographer/Videographer to join our Marketing team in Austin.
We are a high-energy, creative, and entrepreneurial company that is looking for like-minded individuals as we build our team.
As a Photographer/Videographer, you will be responsible for creating high quality photos and videos for content, websites, advertising, social media, and promotional media.
As a member of this team, the successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Photographs high-quality, compelling images for print, digital, web and social media.
- Shoots video interviews of executives, business leaders, field shots across the various businesses.
- Directs photo and video shoots including positioning of subjects and effective set-up of proper lighting and sound equipment.
- Maintain and utilize advanced camera and lighting techniques to shoot high-quality photos and videos across our portfolio of brands and companies to align with business needs and the corporate brands.
- Responsible for care, maintenance and inventory list of photography and video equipment and provides recommendation and pricing for new purchases.
- Construction of files including sizing images, converting to a variety of formats (RGB to CMYK), color correcting/matching and retouching and manipulation of photographs.
- Creates and works with storyboard development and video shoot list to ensure successful video production. Strong grasp on filming, composition and final delivery of video in keeping with corporate branding standards.
- Continuously enhances skills and knowledge of photography and video, brand standards and photography production techniques while staying current with the creative movement in the industry.
- Creates project plans and leads project teams relating to processes for photography and video production methods and techniques.
- Balances multiple priorities simultaneously, establishes timelines and estimates and identifies key resources to meet all customer deadlines and the goal to exceed expectations.
- In-depth knowledge/experience in photography and videography.
- Ability to photograph in various styles including corporate, studio, architectural, event coverage, and photojournalism for print, publications, websites, presentations, billboards, and social media.
- Knowledgeable in various audio recording options such as shotgun or lapel mic and digital audio recording, implement time coding and the use of a “digital slate” for video shoot management.
- Artistic ability to analyze how to compose a good photo/video through use of colors, shadows, shades, light and distance.
- Strong sense of lighting with the ability to enhance a subject's appearance with natural or artificial light.
- Technical ability with DSLR cameras, lenses, flashes, filters, etc.
- Experienced in operating video camera, lighting, sound and teleprompter equipment.
- Basic understanding with various video/broadcast standards, rendering options and delivery platforms for distribution.
- Advanced expertise with photography software including Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, Raw file converter, and Lightroom.
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, InDesign and Microsoft software.
- Proficient in Mac and Windows platforms.
- Thorough understanding of production retouching and converting RGB images to CMYK for print.
- Advanced knowledge of troubleshooting technical issues with photography files for prepress, printing, web and onscreen viewing.
- Knowledge of copyright rules and regulations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, teaming and organizational skills.
- Strategic thinker relating photography and video work to business needs.
- Works independently leading and directing photo and video shoots and consulting with respective business units.
- Positive, "Get Shit Done" attitude.
- Bachelor's degree in photography/videography or related creative discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a professional photographer/videographer, preferably in a creative or corporate environment.
- Strong professional portfolio with a variety of current photo and video work including corporate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness.
- Results-oriented, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and expeditiously.
- An interest in working in a cross-functional and fluid environment, the ability to learn quickly, and no desire to take yourself too seriously.
- Membership in photographic association is beneficial, but not required.