NOWSPACE is hiring a SPACE PLANNER to join the team in our AUSTIN office. The Space Planner is an integral part of our design process for new NowSpace locations, as well as our custom headquarter projects for enterprise clients.
As a Space Planner, you will actively engage in the spatial layout, and financial evaluation, of new NowSpace locations sourced by our Investment & Development team. The ideal candidates has professional experience in space planning in an architectural firm setting, but is looking for a more entrepreneurial environment to show your creative talent!
You will collaborate with internal and external parties to build the NOWSPACE design experience, brand awareness, and achieve customer satisfaction.
· Work directly with real estate and design teams to complete test fits for potential new NowSpace locations and other CRE projects
· Analyze existing building conditions and incorporate NowSpace standards and other agreed to programmatic elements into optimized space plans to determine feasibility
· Generate USF plans and calculate USF for potential new locations
· Make recommendations to enhance space standards, operational efficiency, service delivery, cost savings, and innovative service advancements
· Prepare documentation for internal and external review, presentation, and approval
· Utilize data analytics and analysis tools to guide the team in generating optimal space solutions
· Perform a variety of duties as required in collaboration with other NowSpace departments.
· Work effectively and successfully in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
THIS IS THE RIGHT POSITION FOR YOU IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor's degree and minimum 2 years practical experience in space planning for commercial real estate or hospitality clients. Experience in multi-family mixed use developments, retail, or other building typologies may also be considered.
· Professional experience with Revit is required.
· Must be able to provide initial analyses of and incorporate ADA, zoning, and local building codes.
· Strong time-management skills with the ability to take on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines punctually
· Must understand projects of all scales (15,000sf - 500,000sf) and types (single floor/whole building renovation, standard/custom work, etc.)
· Possess strong analytical skills and the ability to develop conclusions and recommendations
· Demonstrate proficiency in architectural and engineering drawings, concepts and design
· Experience in managing projects of varied scope and complexity
· Proficient in databased software platforms (e.g. MS Excel, Airtable, Google Sheets)
· Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
· Highly organized and detail-oriented.
· Creative thinker, always looking for new ways to add value to the customer and further strengthen their relationship with NowSpace.
· Team player who is able to both take direction and show initiative as appropriate.