MEDICATION TECH/CERTIFIED MEDICATION AID
LOOKING TO PICK UP A FEW EXTRA SHIFTS?
Are you interested in picking up flexible shifts quickly and conveniently through your smartphone? NurseDash puts the power of flexibility in your hand to browse for available shifts and only apply for shifts that work for your schedule. is no minimum number of shifts required; once you are approved and on-boarded, simply pick the shifts that work for you. If you are interested in picking up part-time, flexible shifts, apply today to get started, or download the NurseDash app for iOS or Android.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provide residents with medication administration and treatment assistance and services according to the health care provider's orders
- Supervise residents who self-administer medication while following community and regulatory guidelines
- Report any changes in residents' physical condition and/or behaviors
- Maintain resident records regarding medication distribution, leisure activities, incidents and observations
- Provides assistance as needed with medication reminders, bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service, and other activities of daily living.
- Follows the schedule of resident's needs set out by supervisor.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents.
- Support the dining staff and possibly assist in the dining room.
- Possibly assist with laundry needs of the community or residents.
- Documents daily log of assistance.
- Informs supervisor of any resident issues or concerns.
- Respect and encourage the independence and dignity of the residents.
- Respects residents' confidentiality.
- Is familiar with emergency equipment and procedures.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the Community.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- May require a CNA or CHHA licensure
- Ability to lift at least 51 lbs on a regular basis and be physically able to help residents who require physical assistance
- Read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- May require experience with caring for residents with memory impairment if assigned to memory care areas of the community
NurseDash was founded in Houston, Texas by a team of healthcare, senior housing and start-up professionals. Working in the industry, we saw that a need existed for flexibility among care professionals and a better staffing solution for facilities. NurseDash provides professionals and facilities a way to close the staffing gap in senior care by using new technology that is simple and effective. Apply today to get started.