LOOKING TO PICK UP A FEW EXTRA SHIFTS?
Are you interested in picking up flexible shifts quickly and conveniently through your smartphone? NurseDash puts the power in your hand to browse for available shifts and only apply for shifts that work for your schedule. There is no minimum number of shifts required, once you are approved an on-boarded simply pick up the shifts that work for you. There are shifts available right now in Houston so if you you are interested in picking up part-time, flexible shifts, apply today to get started or download the NurseDash app for iOS or Android.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Reviews preoperative/postoperative physician orders to determine patient needs.
- Obtains/ Reviews patient's medical history for accuracy upon admission. · Reviews and assesses diagnostic data (or absence thereof) and collaborates with physicians and other health care workers to provide appropriate follow-up actions.
- Utilizes clinical experience and knowledge to anticipate potential patient care problems and collaborates with appropriate individuals.
- Performs/Reviews assessment of patient, family members, and/or significant others' knowledge base, health care practices, attitudes of health and illness, and level of understanding.
- Plans patient care based on identified assessment analysis and established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Collaborates with anesthesia providers and surgery to allow time for required preoperative care and to avoid surgical delays. but not limited to care of the discharged patient. · Collaborates with anesthesia providers and surgery to allow time for required preoperative care and to avoid surgical delays. · Performs preoperative diagnostic procedures accurately and according to standards, policies, and procedures. Demonstrates competency in performing phlebotomy, obtaining various types of laboratory specimens, electrocardiograms, or other diagnostic tests. ·
- Administers intravenous solutions and medications skillfully and correctly.
Capable of completing admission/discharge information, physician orders, or other information data entry. ·
- Maintains standards of accurate and complete recording and reporting. · Evaluates patient care goals, quality and appropriateness of care provided, and patient outcomes. ·
- Effectively explains perioperative instructions, perioperative treatments, patient care principles, and nursing goals to patient and family/significant others.
- Other Duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Must be a registered nurse with a valid Texas license.
Minimum 1 Year experience and designated competency.
Must have Pre-op or Pacu Experience.
Desire to be part of a dynamic platform and ability to quickly adapt to new facilities and conditions.
Specialties: Orthopedics, Spine, ENT, General Surgery, Plastics, Podiatry, GYN and Pain Management.
NurseDash was founded in Houston, Texas by a team of healthcare and start-up professionals. Working in the industry, we saw that a need existed for flexibility among medical professionals and a better staffing solution for facilities. NurseDash provides professionals and facilities a way to close the staffing gap in healthcare by using new technology that is simple and effective. Apply today to get started.