Responsible for the support of the administrative & supply chain duties of the total department. This candidate must be well-organized, a team player and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced.
Major Position Responsibilities
- Liaison that coordinate and communicates necessary pertinent information between traffic department, customer service/order entry, procurement, production and accounting as well providing cross training when needed.
- Work with team members and Procurement Manager to complete duties as needed
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Coordinate resolution of data entry errors in SAP system with accounting and production on a daily basis.
- Monitor stock levels for various plants and identifying purchasing needs.
- Process agreements, STO’s and PO’s in SAP for produce, PPE and various department “K-code PO’s.
- Ability understand price comparison, request quotes.
- Review order acknowledgements, tracking orders and ensuring timely delivery, expediting shipment upon request. Request RMA when needed
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers attend vendor meeting and offsite trade shows for new product strategies
- Material management involvement in new setups for items and vendors
- Backup to the production scheduler
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Two years prior experience in a fast paced production environment, including traffic, production and office functions.
- Working knowledge of SAP business software.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SAP. Familiarity with MRP.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Bilingual Spanish required
OSI Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that believes everyone has the right to be treated with dignity and respect. OSI does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications and business needs. OSI participates in the E-Verify program