JOB SUMMARY: Produces sausage product by operating, adjusting, and monitoring production equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to production operations by complying with policies and procedures for meat processing; Good Manufacturing Practices, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) regulations, etc.
- Contribute to a safe and sanitary work environment by complying with establishment procedures and rules.
- Prepare and assemble meat-processing equipment for operation. Disassemble and prepare meat-processing equipment for sanitation washing
- Obtain and prepare raw meat and spice for use in production process, operating powered industrial trucks.
- Monitor defect elimination process by following set procedures and operating remote equipment
- Fill V-Mag buggies with fresh-ground sausage product and move them to the Formax machines.
- Obtain and wash meat processing equipment parts.
- Remove and dispose of meat and grease excess from meat processing equipment.
- Obtain and process meat rework by operating remote meat grinding equipment.
- Dispense and apply dry ice (carbon dioxide) to meat rework for preservation of the products.
- Monitor production process of fully-cooked products.
- Produce, cut and pack sausage link products.
- Attend to current needs of the process by responding immediately to the expressed orders of the Production Supervisor and/or Production Foreman.
- Responsible for the quality of work performed and for identifying and documenting quality problems for corrective action and prevention of non-conforming product.
NOTE: Regulations may prohibit an employee from performing some of these duties consecutively without a change of clothes and sanitized gloves.
- The job candidate must be dependable, detail-oriented, able to follow directions, able to work under minimal supervision
- Operation of powered industrial trucks requires certification training.
- The candidate must be willing to work weekends and overtime hours.
- ,Must be able to lift a minimum of 75lbs.