Oncology Cancer Center in New Jersey is seeking additional Certified Tumor Registrars to join their cancer registry and database team. They are currently seeking an onsite CTR with a possibility of it moving remote in the future.
- Collects necessary data by abstracting oncology charts under the direction of the Supervisor of the Tumor Registry.
- Reviews the medical records for each eligible patient by analyzing the patient history, physical exam, diagnostic tests, staging, medical and nursing care to complete the abstract in accordance with ACOS Cancer Program standards, and state requirements.
- Maintains abstracting productivity and quality rates that is compatible to the organization and national established benchmark.
- Assists in systematic methods of case finding.
- Enters and/or updates cases in the suspense database.
- Assists in maintaining a follow up program for the life of all required abstracts by reviewing hospital documentation, contacting physicians, state offices and possibly patients for current follow up information.
- Participates in ongoing PCE studies for the American College of Surgeons.
- May be responsible to attend and assist in setting up on campus Tumor Conferences.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to operate cancer registry software to perform job.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.) This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Six-time recipient of “100 Best Companies to Work For”
- One of the “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care”
- Quick trip into NYC
- Affordable housing for the region
- Diverse area
This company appreciates its employees
- Great PTO accrual rate
- Medical, Dental, and Vision with fantastic premiums
- Flex spending account
- 401a and 403b
- Temporary, Short Term, and Long Term Disability
- Tuition assistant program
- College savings program
- Many other discounts and programs
- Must be a Certified Tumor Registrar
- Knowledge in tumor registry operations, tumor staging, diagnostic tests and treatments
keywords: tumor registrar, certified tumor registrar, ctr