BACKGROUND & OVERVIEW
The promise of high-performance data storage relies on providing our customers with a robust suite of hardware and software products. We are leveraging the best of class technologies to deliver the OpenDrives full stack platform across all of our products.
OpenDrives is a global, high-performance data storage hardware and software platform combined with a predictive and proactive support experience. With OpenDrives customers can interact and manage their video and imaging workflows in any resolution at scale. The industry-leading performance and comprehensive simplicity of our products and our astonishing support have generated many loyal fans. While we are extremely proud of where we are today with OpenDrives, there is far more we plan to do. We are looking for an exceptional Test Engineer to build our test suite, automate testing and implement a test plan to ensure that OpenDrives product performs reliably under all conditions and drive the delivery of the next generation of OpenDrives – continuing our journey as the undisputed leader in video and imaging data storage technology and customer joy.
THE SELECTED INDIVIDUAL WILL
We are seeking an experienced Software Test Engineer to join our world-class Engineering team in making building world-class data storage software. This individual will work closely with software developers and engineers in a fast-paced, agile environment during product development and V&V activities.
Test Engineering is responsible for developing, enforcing and implementing testing requirements and rigor as defined in cooperation with the engineering team; design and implementation of testing equipment, instrumentation, facilities, procedures, processes, documentation including data management, safety protocols, prototype testing, life-cycle verification and oversight of all testing operations
You must possess both traditional engineering know-how and quality management skills to support a growing, micro services-backed product that fully embraces test-driven development, continuous deployment and experimentation.
POSITION & DESCRIPTION
- Work with internal and external customers to develop test plans to meet testing needs in a realistic and achievable manner.
- Assess and suggest department-wide initiatives for improving software quality and efficiency from unit tests to fully-automated test architectures.
- Be able to critically read and write software code.
- Provide leadership for a holistic testing environment.
- Support continuous delivery and integration.
- Create software artifacts that allow fully automated testing of APIs and front-end applications
- Work closely with Software and Systems Engineering to define requirements and specification for testing, verification and validation.
- Responsible for devising and executing automated and manual tests to verify and validate software products.
- Manage test programs from test planning, test execution, to data reporting.
- Troubleshoot issues encountered during testing.
- Develop automated scripts for software testing.
EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND OTHER QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR...
- You don't give up at the first obstacle – you take on a commitment and see it through to completion.
- You're a communicative problem solver; pragmatic and methodical
- Your programming has accuracy because you keep an eye out for details
- You're good in a team, but also fine with being independent
- You're curious enough to keep an eye on new technology while never taking the status quo for granted
- And you're adept at balancing the priorities of meeting deadlines, with delivering well-designed systems in the long-term
- Willing to be hands-on with laboratory equipment and enjoy working in a highly integrated software/hardware environment.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and technical communication skills.
- Highly collaborative; able to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter with indefatigable entrepreneurial stamina
- Passion for building tech companies
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A (minimum) bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field from an accredited university is required. Demonstrated software test engineering skills and knowledge obtained via professional experience will also be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Expert knowledge of automated testing frameworks and best practices with experience writing performance automation scripts is desired as is a thorough understanding of manual testing concepts and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and a demonstrated ability as a team player. Mastery of the fundamental tools and concepts of software quality assurance and engineering.
- Experience working with the following tools is also a plus: Cucumber, Capybara, Jasmine, Jest, Git, mocking API calls/test data, performance/load testing, node.js, Docker / Kubernetes and AWS.
- Solid test industry experience with emphasis on embedded software testing.