- Responsible for understanding space COMSEC product technical capabilities and their applications.
- Provide organic solutions and/or system upgrades and/or modification to legacy COMSEC and non-COMSEC, to include but not limited to, special test equipment and environmental test equipment.
- Identify deficiencies during testing and report findings to the Government Chief of Maintenance and/or Lead Engineer.
- Review pertinent data to perform root cause analysis to verify the sustainability of the equipment.
- Ensure equipment meets all specifications, interoperability requirements, and is properly integrated for usability.
- Test and provide technical support for equipment after any system upgrades, modifications, and/or implementation of any new organic test equipment.
- Update or write Technical Orders, Test Procedures, Engineering Change Proposals, Technical Evaluations, Safety Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Repair Process, Test Plans/Procedures, and Technical Data Packages (TDP) for Space COMSEC products and equipment.
- 5+ experience and knowledge with electronic theory and equipment characteristics, especially cryptologic systems, extensive experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of electronic equipment (digital and analog), as well as electronic test equipment and space flight certification testing (vibe, thermal vacuum, thermal cycling).
- Experience with areas of anomaly resolution/troubleshooting, test and evaluations, and software coding for test.
- Working knowledge in LabVIEW Software and experience with National Instrument Test Hardware Systems.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in professional engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) as a professional engineer curriculum.
REQUIRED LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- TS/SCI clearance required with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) within the last 5 year
- An additional background check will also be required prior to receiving access to a space COMSEC facility
- Valid driver’s license and must be a U.S. Citizen
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision- making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.