IT Help Desk Support is responsible for assisting users on various software related issues, and on rare occasion, hardware issues. This position will give the Intern the opportunity to learn and expand their skills supporting a complex Microsoft Windows-based systems with various productivity and vendor applications in an environment where the company is growing quickly. In addition to this day to day support, assistance with miscellaneous IT projects will be needed.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, remotely, via phone, and e-mail in a timely manner.
- Diagnose (Troubleshoot) and resolve technical software issues, occasionally hardware issues.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Advise users on appropriate actions.
- Setup and configure workstations based on company needs and requirements.
- Install and test computer software and associated hardware devices (i.e. Multi-Function Printers).
- Perform miscellaneous in house IT tasks such as user account/phone setup, and software maintenance.
- Miscellaneous projects based on skill and experience including web design, in house IT software and/or systems work, and/or other projects as need arises
- Manage personal time schedule and report on regular basis on activity progress
- Occasional After-Hours work required.
- Ideal candidate pursuing or having a degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Responsible and enthusiastic work ethic
- Resourceful, well organized, highly dependable, efficient and detail oriented.
- Strong verbal communication skills with personable relationship development skills with clear English speaking skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others inside and outside the company, collaborate with others, and demonstrate high integrity
- Previous experience with Adobe Acrobat X/XI/DC, and MS Office 2010/2013 Professional
- Previous Helpdesk experience is a plus
- Experienced with Windows 7 / Windows 10 in an Active Directory Domain environment
- Light lifting and physical skills needed for equipment move/setup, shipping, etc.