HealthFitness has a great new opportunity for a full-time (40 hours per week) MEDIA SPECIALIST within our large corporate client fitness program located in SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA! In this position, you will be responsible for assisting the management team in the development and distribution of marketing collateral and information; development and implementation of all promotional programs, campaigns, and strategies; and the management of public relations and related systems. You will also be responsible for preparing and maintaining timelines, budgets, the annual marketing plan, and other projects assigned including email newsletters and website design and development.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute facility events in conjunction with program team.
- Oversee newsletter production and program website.
- Develop Marketing materials with program team for the promotion of programs and services.
- Oversee facility advertising including planning, budgeting and executing.
- Develop and adhere to annual budget for respective department, including providing monthly department reports.
- Coordinate the development and manage the implementation of member retention and customer satisfaction programs.
- Coordinate and/or participate in programs to market and promote HealthFitness programs and services.
- Positively engage members and participants through various media.
- Develop annual goals and objectives.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic or Web Design, or related field plus three years’ experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and quality customer service skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing high-level electronic and multi-media marketing collateral.
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association will be required before start date.
- Evidence of experience or ability to coordinate multiple simultaneous projects.
- Proficiency in graphic design, web management and/or social networking.
- Demonstrated high level skills in writing press releases, newsletters and web-content.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of design software and applications should include: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Demonstrated ability to produce basic video productions.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Proficient Computer skills.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes (step, hi/lo, spin, kickboxing, zumba, yoga, etc.).
- Recognized industry certification in Group Exercise Instruction.
- Personal Training industry certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA, or NASM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.