The HR Generalist will Partner with management to facilitate the delivery of HR services and to provide guidance and solutions on human resources operational issues. Serve as contact for employees and answer questions regarding HR policies and procedures. Ensure the organization's current HR requirements are met and the HR strategy is implemented effectively. This person will provide support for compensation and benefits and year-end policy, program, and administration activities. The role is also responsible for supporting the Director of HR with special projects including annual enrollment, annual audits, plan integrations and compliance activities. In addition, this role will also support HRIS activities including compliance audits and EEOC / AAP reporting. This person will also biweekly payroll for all US employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate of new hire onboarding at the site, ensuring new hire information is accurate and employees receive a robust and effective onboarding experience
- Support employees and managers, as needed, regarding HR matters (e.g., employee relations, topics escalated beyond HR Central).
- Assist in executing a flawless compensation and benefits planning process through the implementation and ownership of timelines, processes, and communication plans.
- Supports the development, coordination and distribution of compensation and benefit communications.
- Assists in the annual merit, performance, short-term incentive, and long-term incentive processes.
- Process bi-weekly payroll in the US and all year-end requirements.
- Complete monthly analysis on global payroll reports including calculating different KPIs for the management team.
- Audits year-end calculations / payments and is responsible for identifying and correcting data issues.
- Assist with coordination and preparation of annual enrollment, including:
- Participation in system testing.
- Review and coordinate delivery of communication materials
- Assist in the implementation of new benefit programs, as required.
- Assist with job grading, market analysis and job catalog maintenance.
- Support new and existing COVID policies and the return-to-work plan.
- Provide support to HR & employees on benefit inquiries.
- Perform mail merges and mass mailings for compensation and benefits communications.
- Generate standard and ad-hoc benefits and compensation reports.
- Manage the day-to-day activities related to the fleet program.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Strong analytical, organizational, project management and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to conduct root-cause analysis and drive continuous improvement.
- Experience handling routine complex compensation and benefit inquiries.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, including ACA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Workers Compensation, Medicare, Social Security, DOL and benefit related regulatory requirements.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work on various projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), including VLOOKUP, pivot tables and mail merge.
- Experience with the organization’s HRIS system (PrismHR) is preferred.
- Ability to understand complex plan documents and insurance contracts.
- Strong accuracy, quantitative & detail orientation
- Self-motivated & compassionate
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Must be fluent in both Spanish and English
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Accounting, or Human Resources
- 2-4 years’ experience in Benefits Administration. HRIS and/or compensation experience a plus.
- 2-4 years’ experience in payroll administration
- SHRM-CP or PHR or CEBS or CCP or CCB a plus
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times