GREETINGS FROM AVACEND !!!
We are hiring for ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN for my Client at OVERLAND PARK, KS, 66211.
Experience Required: CIVIL SITE AND MICROSTATION.
POTENTIAL TO HIRE OPPORTUNITY AFTER COMPLETION OF 6 MONTHS CONTRACT.
Job Position: ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
Job Location: OVERLAND PARK, KS, 66211
Contract: 6+ MONTHS, CONTRACT TO HIRE OPPORTUNITY
Pay Rate: $35.54 PER HOUR ON W2 (ALL INCLUSIVE)
- Functions in a senior level engineering technician capacity.
- With minimal supervision, performs advanced functions requiring knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables.
- May provide technical guidance and direction to other engineering professionals including delegation of work assignments.
- Engineering Standards:
- Applies knowledge of standards, systems, document control, departmental guides, applicable codes and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
- Quality / Continuous Improvement:
- Proactively applies knowledge of the Black and Veatch Quality Program relative to deliverables
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Reviews design inputs in order to ensure consistency
- Assists to ensure deliverables are in compliance with the specific codes and standards suitable for the project
- Engineering Production:
- Broadening the use of applications to continuously evaluate and improve methods, processes and procedures used to accomplish deliverables
- Create and develop deliverables based on a variety of design inputs
- May develop less complex design concepts and create project design deliverables based on a variety of design inputs
- May perform computations such as development of detailed material quantities and estimates
- Project Coordination:
- Coordinate deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors
- May support field activities
- May be responsible for support of project finalization including for example consolidation of records for as-built drawings or information to take off as-built quantities
- Client Focus:
- Focuses on the needs of internal clients while gaining an understanding of external client's main interests and drivers
- Knowledge Sharing, Innovation and Technology:
- Proactively seeks and shares knowledge of latest technologies and processes
- May apply judgment and makes decisions with respect to deliverables and input interpretation
- People Management - (supervision - career development - developing professionals, mentoring):
- May provide work direction and guidance to others.
- Diploma or Certificate preferred
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred
- Typically a minimum of 3 years related work experience
- MicroStation experience heavily preferred.
- Preferred Non-Technical Skills:
- Learning on the Fly
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Drive for Results
- Self Development
- Preferred Technical Skills:
- Ability to use Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD), information modeling or other applications or design or modeling skills and/or design principles and practices
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends
- Intermediate knowledge of company quality program
- Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
- Intermediate knowledge of other disciplines
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline
- Familiarity with Bentley InRoads Software.