Our client, an oil and gas manufacturer, is actively seeking a Payroll/Human Resources Assistant for their Odessa, TX office. The successful candidate will be part of a professional, team-oriented organization and will assist with all day to day operations of the Human Resources department.
- Maintain human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking vacation, sick, and personal time.
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
- Orient new employees by providing orientation information packets; reviewing company policies; gathering withholding and other payroll information; explaining and obtaining signatures for benefit programs.
- Conduct employment verifications and process new hire documents.
- Prepare job descriptions and offer letters.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to HR staff.
- Perform other HR related duties as required and assigned.
- Validation of payroll, including new hires and promotions
- Support for coordinating accurate payroll processing
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors
- Prepare reports for upper management, finance department, etc. to assist in compiling payroll data
- Responsible for timely notification to team members related to payroll pay cycles
- Validation of payroll data to the general ledger for labor reporting and month-end close
- Lend timely assistance to team members with payroll inquiries
- Reconciliation of benefit billings to enrollment and payroll data
- Syteline ERP System experience a big plus!
- Prior experience in Payroll and Human Resources of at least 1 year.
- Strong administrative skills are required.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities.
- Experience working with multiple 3-rd party time-keeping and/or payroll software systems
- Must have strong MS Office proficiency (Excel formula compilation skills a plus)
- Must be able to prepare very accurate payroll data
- Must have considerable analytic skills and be detail-oriented
- Must have an excellent customer service focus
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English, Bilingual a plus.
- Must have a high degree of confidentiality and ethical standards