The Registered Nurse (RN) for the Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) position is responsible for providing exceptional care to critically ill patients with complex medical conditions. This role requires extensive clinical knowledge, quick decision-making, and the capability to adapt to the unique demands of a MICU setting on a flexible schedule.
- Continuously monitor patient vital signs, recognizing and addressing any abnormalities.
- Administer medications, manage life-support equipment, and provide necessary treatments to optimize patient outcomes.
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate individualized care tailored to each patient's medical needs.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team, including physicians, respiratory therapists, and other nurses, to formulate and execute effective care plans.
- Educate and communicate with patients and their families about the nature of their illness, treatment options, and recovery expectations.
- Serve as an advocate for the patient and their family, ensuring their needs and concerns are addressed.
- Maintain accurate, timely, and detailed patient records in accordance with hospital policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Document patient assessments, interventions, responses, and progress.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives within the MICU.
- Stay abreast of the latest advancements and best practices in medical intensive care through continued education and training.
Salary: $640.04 / day
* Standard shift:* Day shift