Are you an experienced Systems Administrator with strong Linux and Database skills? Do you have a passion to support critical missions with an opportunity to develop your skills? Our company needs you to help support our projects at facilities in Washington D.C. and/or San Diego, CA.
WHO IS PVM?
PVM, Inc. is comprised of professional engineers who love what we do and have fun doing it! We have earned the trust of our customers and peers, and ... we are growing! We are an employee managed company that empowers our team to make decisions and seek the best solutions for our customers. We operate as a family and passionately protect our company culture. We thrive on challenging problems with mission critical applications. PVM doesn't shy from asking or answering hard questions. We value active voices and diverse teams.
THINGS PVM IS DOING
· Created new insights for U.S. financial institutions into their massive amounts of data.
· Provided real-time, enterprise solutions on enterprise architectures for DoD and Military strategic and tactical decision making
· Developed federal, state, and local law enforcement forensic investigations leveraging OSINT
TECHNOLOGIES YOU'LL BE USING
· Operating Systems: CentOS, RedHat Enterprise Linux, MS Windows Server 2008-2016
· Databases_:_ PostgreSQL, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
· Environment_:_ Puppet, Nagios, Hadoop, VMWare
· Builds and support provided with: Git, Gradle, Jenkins, Circle CI, Confluence, Jira
· Unrestricted right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
· ACTIVE TOP SECRET/SCI government clearance is REQUIRED
· Bachelors Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar discipline AND 5 years applicable experience
· Strong systems administration skills in Linux
· Strong database skills including schema management and SQL development
· Problem solving skills and ability to break down complex concepts
· Great time management and interpersonal skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical personnel
· Detail-oriented and a team-player
· A creative thinker and enjoy a collaborative environment
· Work independently and make decisions under minimal supervision
· Comfortable with occasional travel.
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE
· Some software development experience and a passion for learning the craft of software development
· Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks
· Understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you're building
· An understanding of object oriented programming fundamentals
· Adaptability in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users
· Enjoy continuously learning (we realize making mistakes means progress)
· Actively seeking opportunities to grow and develop
WHAT WE OFFER