Direct supervisor to one assigned shift (2nd or 3rd shift) of hourly employees who is responsible for the supervision, direction and leadership in safety, quality, productivity and engagement to ensure goals are met.
- Supervise employees in the daily production of corrugated board, to include training, planning, assigning, and directing work; evaluating employee performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; promoting safety, quality production and teamwork; resolving conflicts.
- Lead and motivate employees by setting an example of superior behavior, attitude, and performance to work efficiently and effectively, while ensuring a safe work environment, and a quality product.
- Effectively communicate operational information in both oral and written format at all levels: crew members, other supervisors, plant management, office personnel and outside customers and vendors.
- Actively promote and ensure compliance with safety, quality and other programs and initiatives utilized within the organization.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Prior experience in the corrugated packaging industry required.
- Two years of supervisory experience preferred.