The DFM Systems Engineer is a service-oriented and customer-facing role that supports the Sales organization with customer requests for ECAD design feedback and PCB stackup creation. This is a highly visible role with tremendous potential for career advancement and growth.
- Work with customers to develop custom PCB stack-ups
- Perform DFM reviews of customer designs for resolving PCB manufacturability and assembly issues
- Provide guidance on customer designs for improving cost, yield, and lead-time metrics
- Conduct training workshops on design best practices for prospects and customers
- Author white papers and blogs promoting industry best practices
- BSEE/BSME or higher degree with at least 7-10 years of electronics manufacturing experience
- Strong working knowledge of the Valor PCB manufacturing tool and Polar controlled impedance calculator.
- Ability to panelize ECAD designs in Valor.
- Strong working knowledge of industry leading ECAD software like Cadence Allegro, Altium Designer, Mentor Xpedition, Mentor PADS, etc
- Firm grasp of PCB fabrication materials, manufacturing methods, cost drivers, yields, and lamination cycles
- Strong knowledge of interconnect and electronic assembly applications and technologies including soldering, press fit, and rework with knowledge of IPC-A-610
- Understanding of complex failure mechanisms in PCBA process and or PCB fabrication and knowledge of standard failure analysis techniques (SEM, EDX, X-section, Die and Pry, CSAM)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a dynamic growth environment
- Possess excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills with strong aptitude for teamwork