WE ARE PAPER CULTURE.
We believe that Climate Change is the greatest crisis facing our planet. We could yell and scream, but instead, we decided to create Paper Culture to inspire people to action. We sell products (holiday cards, birth announcements, wedding invitations, and gifts) through our e-commerce store that we hope inspire people: both because of their design beauty and their mission to save the planet. With each order, we plant a tree. Together with our customers, we've planted over 1,000,000 trees to date. We're looking for people who understand that progress starts with baby steps, but that many baby steps equal a movement. We are Paper Culture and hope you want to be as well!www.paperculture.com.
You are a fearless explorer who loves to learn. You believe in our mission, love our products, and are passionate about editorial design, typography, and a modern aesthetic.
ABOUT THE JOB.
Ours is a design driven business and we maintain a very large catalog of designs (for cards, wall decor and other fun printed products), and we publish hundreds of designs each year.
We have a team of designers whose role is to create, revise, and produce designs, as well as refine submitted concepts from our community of external artists. This position is for an Associate Designer/Production Artist who will be responsible for creating original content and executing production files for our card collection, as well as designing branded marketing content for emails, web banners, social media, web, and mobile. Each member of the design team is responsible for designing and producing more than 100 designs per year. It takes great diligence and a passion for both editorial and typography design plus print as a medium, to produce this great volume.
- Creative problem solver with great attention to detail
- Ability to drive at new solutions and ideas independently.
- Deliver production files for all catalog content
- Participate in design and all-team meetings, where we envision product launches, new card collections, and other projects like brand packaging, website design, and more.
- Design and revise cards for various categories: wedding invitations, holiday cards, and more.
- Work on marketing assets, like emails, web banners, landing pages, direct mail, and social media campaigns.
- Being able to understand business objectives and user needs
CUSTOMER SERVICE PRODUCTION.
- Transform customer web requests into production-ready files and digital proofs
- Review customer files for typographic errors, grammar and style suggestions, and missing information. Provide feedback directly to customers via both phone and email.
- Delight customers' requests with a “wow” service that will not only solve their needs but make them happy about doing business with our company.
- A degree in graphic design or similar
- 0-2 years work experience in graphic design required (in house or agency)
- Ability to quickly translate design direction into design solutions
- Ability to creating quality design and at the same time being able to explain why it's great
- Demonstrate ownership on all assigned projects, and follow through on all phases of production
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, mainly Adobe Illustrator, and Photoshop and Figma
- Great understanding of typography, editorial design, or book design
- Ability to juggle a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment
- Team player who will pitch in wherever the business demands call for
- Ability to work with Video and/or Animation (with tools like Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere) will be a plus
- On-site position in Millbrae, CA (10-minute walking distance from Caltrain, BART, and major bus lines)
- Full-time position
- During November and December, evening and weekend rotations required.
- Competitive market salary
- Benefits package for full-time employees includes: medical, dental, & vision, profit sharing, paid vacation, commuter benefits
- Incredible personal satisfaction from being a part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team (really, we're not kidding, that's the best part!)
TO APPLY, Please include ALL of the following:
- Portfolio link or PDF
- Cover Letter (describe your interests and what is unique about you).
- Expected salary