IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
LOCATION: The Woodlands, TX
TYPE: Contract to Hire
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST SUMMARY:
The IT Support Specialist will ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. It also includes configuring and supporting desktops and laptop computers, as well as provisioning and managing user accounts among several systems.
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to advanced queries either in person or over the phone.
- Walk customers through problem-solving process.
- Advanced Installation, modification, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Create and manage new user accounts among several systems.
- Maintain timely and accurate help desk request records using ticketing system.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Monitor licensing utilization and hardware inventory.
- Test pending software updates.
- Management of multi-function copier fleet.
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST QUALIFICATIONS
- 4-year college degree/ technical study in field or equivalent education and experience combined.
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST) is preferred.
- Microsoft MOS/A+, Network+, MCP, MCSE certification or other MS certifications are preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in an IT support role.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems up to and including Server 2012 R2 Administration with Active Directory (Provisioning, Group Policies, OU, scripting, etc.) and Systems Management tools.
- Experience configuring and trouble-shooting desktops, laptops, and other office peripherals.
- Working knowledge of Apple OS and Android.
- Experience with PC imaging and desktop management including application deployment through SCCM.
- Knowledge and experience with technology rollouts / upgrades.
- Working knowledge of telephony systems. Ability to provision and setup new phones.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting smart phones (Android, iOS).
- Experience with Citrix, VPN, SCCM, and Mobile Device Management Support.
- Previous experience utilizing a help desk ticketing system to record and track reported incidents.
- Expert level technical break/fix skills with all versions of Microsoft Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, MS office products, and other MS productivity tools.
- Highly skilled in PC imaging, computer security methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver superior customer service is required.
- Prior experience supporting desktops, laptops, and other technology in an office setting is essential.
- Qualified candidates will possess strong written, and oral communication skills, and a willingness to “do whatever it takes” with high energy within a collaborative team environment.