The Live Events Support Engineer is responsible for the resolution of escalated incidents from OVP Service Delivery Mangers and the Piksel Live Support Team and providing on-site support of live events. The Live Events Engineer will also take place in and on-call rotation and be an escalation point for the Piksel Live Support Analysts.
The Live Events Support Engineer is responsible for resolving escalated support tickets, setup and configuration of new Piksel OVP client deployments to include hardware (encoders) build out and the troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution of all hardware related issues.
The Live Events Engineer is also responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosis and the resolution of software issues and will participate in an on call rotation with other Live Events Support Engineers.
Direct client interaction is a regular part of the role both remotely and on client premises, so the ideal candidate will be well-spoken and kempt, with a professional demeanour, and able to travel.
- Support existing LIVE clients
- Deploy and Support new LIVE clients
- After Hours support for escalated issues
- Support and maintain Akamai/CDN setups and configurations
- Document all client interactions
- Improve Live streaming technology, offerings, and procedures
- Maintain support tickets to make sure all clients and/or the appropriate department or Account Manager is updated on the status
- Assist Sales and Service Delivery in evaluating business opportunities and qualifying technical scope
- Other duties that may be requested by the management team from time to time
- Quick learner
- Technically savvy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING...
- 2 - 4 year college or trade school degree
- 3+ years of desktop support and troubleshooting
- Excellent understanding of all Windows OS versions as well as Linux
- Excellent understanding of the OSI Model
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of hardware components
- Strong problem solving skills: must be capable of accurately assessing needs, maintaining a calm business demeanour, and taking quick action to resolve issues
- Network+, A+, Linux+ certifications are an advantage
- Video/Audio production experience and/or CTS certification is an advantage.
- Customer interaction experience via phone
- Live streaming and event experience
- Experience in the streaming video, OTT space
- Experience with video delivery technologies
- Encoding software support experience
TRAVEL AND OUT-OF-HOURS…
15% - 30% in addition to participation in an on-call rotation
Travel required as needed for events and new customers. Must have a valid passport and be able to Fly domestically and internationally.