MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
The Director of Marketing for the Commercial Segment works with segment and division level marketing teams to drive the strategic marketing initiatives by leading the execution and tactical direction for the Commercial Segment. This position will work closely with the marketing and sales teams at the divisional level to define goals and objectives consistent with the business unit’s strategy. The Director of Markeing will facilitate and assist all parties with the execution of these goals and objectives. They will also work closely with Product Portfolio Managers and divisional software leaders to ensures all portfolio marketing strategies and software marketing campaigns are executed successfully to drive maximum revenue and profit growth. This position reports directly to the VP of Marketing for the Commercial Segment and it will also support enterprise-level activities as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring the proper execution of segment level strategies, which includes business branding, messaging, as well as marketing campaigns for new and existing product, software, and service solutions
- Coordinate with segment and divisional leadership to set goals and drive Go-To-Market strategies and tactical plans for new products, software, and services
- Work with divisional sales and marketing leaders to clarify customer segmentation, identifying high value segments to target, and then develop programs that increase interactions with targeted segments
- Direct the development of segment level content, and participate in reviewing and approving content and collateral generated at the divisional level to ensure consistency with MiTek’s short-term and long-term business strategy
- Coordinate with divisional sales and marketing teams on day-to-day divisional level marketing activities to facilitate and support divisional level marketing and sales strategies
- Provide recommendations for methods to market new product concepts or modifications based on market intel and products portfolio strategy
- Work to adjust plans and priorities appropriately by balancing near/mid-terms business conditions with longer-term priorities
- Provide analysis for specific near-term market opportunities of major importance as well as business cases for adjustments to marketing tactics that maximize ROI and drive business growth
- Establish and maintain appropriate communications between various functional areas within the enterprise, segment, and divisional marketing teams
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix organization. Work effectively with others in the organization outside the line of formal authority (such as peers in other units or senior management) to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternative solutions. Work well in group problem solving situations. Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Strong leadership capability to develop and deploy strategy through detailed action plans.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.Demonstrates ability to solve complex marketing problem using analytical abilities.
- Change Management - Develop workable implementation plans. Communicate changes effectively. Build commitment and overcome resistance. Prepare and support those affected by change. Monitor transition and evaluate results.
- Ability to translate creative ideas into high-quality deliverables.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Professional Interaction - Ability to interact professionally with others, including co-workers, vendors, and customers
- Ability to positively influence behavior of multiple stakeholders, as well as to successfully balance the interests of the customer with maintaining a good legal and fiscal position for the company.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, or a relevant field (MBA in related field desirable)
- 7-10 years of professional experience leading a Marketing team
- Knowledgeable in developing campaigns for both digital and traditional media
- Strong graphic skills using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.