MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal – making our customers successful.
SUMMARY: The Corporate Senior Accountant will perform a variety of accounting and finance support functions for MiTek Inc. Corporate division. These include but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain general ledger for MiTek Inc-Corporate
- Prepare and post standard journal entries during month end close
- Prepare all balance sheet account reconciliations for Corporate division
- Prepare special account analysis reporting as requested
- Run fixed asset and software reports and monitor Corporate CERs
- Load month-end general ledger and non-financial data into reporting system (HFM) monthly
- Preparation of year-end tax package to be provided to tax manager
- Release wires and ACH payments for Corporate division
- Payroll/benefits liaison between Human Resources and subsidiaries
- Back up for daily cash application
- Assist in preparation of budget-to-actual and other schedules for quarterly business reviews as necessary
- Program Administrator lead for the Enterprise-wide Wells Fargo credit card program. Train subsidiary company accountants in setting up and maintaining their own program. Additional responsibilities include:
- Order new cards
- Assist cardholders with fraud
- Maintain credit limits
- Password resets
- Download detail to general ledger monthly- Corporate division only
- Process journal entries for various returned items
- Audit of expense reports for general ledger codes etc.
- Calculation of annual Management Service Charge
- Participate in special projects as directed
- Assist in preparation of quarterly reports due to our parent company
- Assist in year-end close requirements including schedules due to parent company
- Assistance in preparation of Corporate division Annual Budget and Forecast
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use critical thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Communication - Asks good questions; engages others in two-way conversations. Listens effectively to others and gets clarification when needed, facilitates group discussions; contributes in a positive supportive manner. Uses communication skills to foster greater understanding of tasks and deliverables. Communicates appropriate information to management and peers in a timely manner. Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word; ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to interact professionally with others including co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting minimum
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience in public accounting
- CPA preferred
- HFM and QAD experience a plus
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.