ProSidian Seeks a Administrative Assistant in CONUS/OCONUS - Bozeman, MT to support an engagement for an American agency within the United States Department of Agriculture that is committed to “helping people help the land” – their mission is to provide America’s farmers and ranchers with financial and technical assistance to voluntarily put conservation on the ground, not only helping the environment but agricultural operations, too.
The ProSidian Engagement Team Members work to will assist Montana NRCS (Natural Resources Conservation Services) Staff with the assimilation of program documentation, development of correspondence, checking documents for accuracy, processing payments, maintaining spreadsheets, etc. Other tasks include monitoring and tracking commencement and expiration of agreements and prepares agreement modifications and reviewing contract obligating documents and assist in internal auditing of agreements.
Administrative Assistant Candidates shall work to support requirements for Program Support and The Administrative Assistant follows a number of specific procedures in completing several repetitive clerical steps performed in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence, such as coding and filing documents in an extensive alphabetical file, simple posting to individual accounts, opening mail, running mail through metering machines, and calculating and posting charges to departmental accounts. Little or no subject-matter knowledge is required, but the clerk needs to choose the proper procedure for each task.
• Provide support with collecting and assembling cost data and processing payment application requests and programs; reviewing a wide variety of invoices, vouchers, and other miscellaneous paperwork associated with NRCS Programs.
• Assists with compiling all necessary supporting documents to substantiate payment requests, ensures that payment requests comply with provisions of long term contracting and are within obligated spending limits prior to submission of payment.
• Assist with tracking producer requests for wetland compliance and highly erodible land assistance. Maintains wetland determination and highly erodible land case files including producer submitted records, conservation plans and associated maps. Tracks requests for appeals related to issued determinations.
• Assists in accuracy reviews of documentation, compliance with regulations, and justification of vouchers, invoices, claims, statements and other requests for payment of goods and services; processes program payment information; prepares for District Conservationist’s signature and forwards completed document to financial management staff for payment.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining contracting files and producer records. This includes receiving and assembling program applications and collecting producer eligibility information. Responsible for compiling contract documentation including, but not limited to, conservation plans, maps, photographs, resource data and technical material.
• Assists with driving Government vehicles to local shops for routine maintenance; tracks vehicle maintenance and mileage logs.
• Assists NRCS staff in working between contractors and landowners regarding supplying practice statements of work and deliverables.
• Schedules office machine tech support and maintenance calls.
• Processes mail by use of proper postage, preparation of packages for shipment, provides drop off at delivery sites, provides pickup and distribution of packages (shipping/receiving)
• Compiles contract documentation including but not limited to: conservation plans, maps, photographs, resource data, and technical material.
• Assists with assembling technical notes and project documentation required to process modifications.
• Provides a variety of technical information to program applicants and participants, such as specific program and land eligibility requirements.
• Provides guidance to program applicants and participants on the completion of required conservation planning steps and provide basic explanations regarding practice statements of work and deliverable requirements for conservation program participation. Contractor support will defer to NRCS officials for site specific comments or questions.
• Assist with uploading of photos to Toolkit and Data Management System.
• Contact cooperators to follow-up on the status of conservation plan progress and transfer landowners to the appropriate staff when there are concerns with acceptance of the agreed upon conservation measures.
• Some interaction with the public will be required in an office setting; some lifting may be required (boxes or files).
The Administrative Assistant shall have consecutive employment in a position with comparable responsibilities within the past five (5) years, Must be able to use a computer to communicate via email; and proficient in Microsoft Office Products (Word/Excel/Power point) and related tools and technology required for the position. Work products shall be thorough, accurate, appropriately documented, and comply with established criteria. The candidate shall ensure that duties are performed in a competent and professional manner that meets milestones/delivery schedules as outlined.
• A bachelor’s degree is required • Possess valid state-issued driver’s license; *Violations must be noted before use of Govt Furnished Vehicle;
• Proficient in word processing;
• Knowledgeable and experienced in utilizing a variety of computer hardware and software applications, such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and Access;
• Ability to use e-mail and internet browsers i.e., Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Internet Explorer;
• Knowledgeable and experienced in operating small office machines, such as calculators, fax machines, scanning devices, postage meters, and copy machines;
• Knowledgeable and experienced in general office procedures, such as preparing reports, spreadsheets, and filing. Familiarity with certified mail and return-receipt mail procedures;
• Capable of working independently;
• Possess basic and courteous telephone skills
• Ability to learn and assist with entering and maintaining information in the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) software such as Protracts, Toolkit, Performance Results System.
TRAVEL: Travel as coordinated with the technical point of contact and approved in writing by the Contracting Officer in advance, is allowed, in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations. LOCATION: Work shall be conducted at the CONUS/OCONUS - Bozeman, MT
U.S. Citizenship Required
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, & Adobe)
All ProSidian staff must be determined eligible for a “Facility Access Authorization” (also referred to as an “Employment Authorization”) by the USG’s designated Security Office.
CORE COMPETENCIES * TEAMWORK – ability to foster teamwork collaboratively as a participant, and effectively as a team leader * LEADERSHIP – ability to guide and lead colleagues on projects and initiatives * BUSINESS ACUMEN – understanding and insight into how organizations perform, including business processes, data, systems, and people * COMMUNICATION – ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders of all levels orally and in writing * MOTIVATION – persistent in pursuit of quality and optimal client and company solutions * AGILITY – ability to quickly understand and transition between different projects, concepts, initiatives, or work streams * JUDGMENT – exercises prudence and insight in decision-making process while mindful of other stakeholders and long-term ramifications * ORGANIZATION – ability to manage projects and activity, and prioritize tasks
OTHER REQUIREMENTS * BUSINESS TOOLS – understanding and proficiency with business tools and technology, including Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate is advanced with Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word, and proficient with Adobe Acrobat, data analytic tools, and Visio with the ability to quickly learn other tools as necessary. * BUSINESS TOOLS – understanding and proficiency with business tools and technology, including Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate is advanced with Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word, and proficient with Adobe Acrobat, data analytic tools, and Visio with the ability to quickly learn other tools as necessary. * COMMITMENT - to work with smart, interesting people with diverse backgrounds to solve the biggest challenges across private, public and social sectors * CURIOSITY – the ideal candidate exhibits an inquisitive nature and the ability to question the status quo among a community of people they enjoy and teams that work well together * HUMILITY – exhibits grace in success and failure while doing meaningful work where skills have impact and make a difference * WILLINGNESS - to constantly learn, share, and grow and to view the world as their classroom
BENEFITS AND HIGHLIGHTS At ProSidian, we invest in our employees to help them stay healthy and achieve work-life balance. Our team members receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes Competitive Compensation, Group Health Insurance Health Benefits, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan Contributions, Vacation and Paid Time off (PTO) Benefits, Pre-Tax Payment Programs, Purchasing Discounts & Savings Plans, a ProSidian Employee & Contractor Referral Bonus Program, Performance Incentives, etc. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a medical, dental and vision plan. Our growing list of benefits currently include the following: * COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION: Pay range begins in the competitive ranges with full Gold Level (Tier 1) Group Medical Benefits, Pretax Employee Benefit Plan, plus performance incentives * GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE HEALTH BENEFITS: Group Health Insurance Including Medical, Dental And Vision Insurance: Contributions are deducted from pay on a Pretax basis - Employee and family coverage is available with employer contribution of 50% of Employee (only) premiums under the Health and Vision Plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield NC (Blue Options Medical Plan Code: PB07840 / Metallic Level: Gold - - bcbsnc.com) and Dental Plan (Ameritas - www.ameritas.com). * 401(K) RETIREMENT SAVINGS PLAN: 401(k) Retirement Savings Plans help you save for your retirement. Eligible employees can make before-tax contributions to the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan to help you save for retirement. Contributions are deducted from pay on a pretax basis the employee can contribute up to $18k. A wide range of investment options are available with a personal financial planner available to assist you. Immediate 100% vesting of both your contribution and the ProSidian matching contribution. The Plan is a Safe Harbor 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan. ProSidian Consulting participates in a Basic Match: 4% of pay for participants who defer at least 5% of their pay. The Basic Match is structured as follows: 100% of the first 3% of pay that is contributed; and 50% of the next 2% of pay that is contributed. * VACATION AND PAID TIME OFF (PTO) BENEFITS: The flexibility of Paid Time Off (PTO) lets you set your own priorities. Eligible employees use PTO for vacation, a parent-teacher conference, a doctor’s appointment, or any number of events in your life. Currently these benefits include Vacation/Sick days – 2 weeks | Holidays - 10 Federal Government. * PRE-TAX PAYMENT PROGRAMS: Pre-Tax Payment Programs currently exist in the form of a Premium Only Plan (POP). These Plans offer a full Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plan and a tax benefit for eligible employees. * PURCHASING DISCOUNTS & SAVINGS PLANS: We want you to achieve financial success. We offer a Purchasing Discounts & Savings Plan through The ProSidian Corporate Perks Benefit Program - Helping You Do More With Less: https://ProSidian.CorporatePerks.com. This provides special discounts for eligible employees on products and services you buy on a daily basis. * SECURITY CLEARANCE: Due to the nature of our management and operations consulting engagements for Private Companies, Fortune 1,000 Enterprises, and Government Agencies of all sizes; oftentimes there are Security Clearance requirements for Engagement Teams handling sensitive Engagements in the Federal Marketplace. A Security Clearance is a valued asset in your professional portfolio and adds to your credentials based on past, present, and future work. * LEVERAGEABLE EXPERIENCE AND THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: By collaborating with firm leadership, other members of the team, as well as Fellows and collaborating partners in what is a flat organization, you'll make valuable professional connections, interact with clients daily, gain leverageable Experience, and contribute to Thought Leadership while you build a basket of marketable experiences. * PROSIDIAN EMPLOYEE & CONTRACTOR REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM: ProSidian Consulting will pay up to $5k for all referrals (payments made after new hire has been employed for 90 days) for candidates submitted through our Employee Referral Program. * PERFORMANCE INCENTIVES: Due to the nature of our management and operations consulting engagements for Private Companies, Fortune 1,000 Enterprises, and Government Agencies of all sizes there are performance incentives associated with each new client that each employee works to pursue and support. * FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT: Pending
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION - See Below Instructions On The Best Way To Apply ProSidian Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. ProSidian Consulting has made a pledge to the Hiring Our Heroes Program of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation and the “I Hire Military” Initiative of The North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC) for the State of North Carolina. All applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of Veteran Status. Furthermore, we believe in "HONOR ABOVE ALL" - be successful while doing things with the right way. The pride comes out of the challenge; the reward is excellence in the work. FOR EASY APPLICATION USE OUR CAREER SITE LOCATED ON HTTP://WWW.PROSIDIAN.COM/ OR SEND YOUR RESUME’S, BIOS, AND SALARY EXPECTATION / RATES TO CAREERS @ PROSIDIAN.COM. ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED CRITERIA ARE CONSIDERED. Be sure to place the job reference code in the subject line of your email. Be sure to include your name, address, telephone number, total compensation package, employment history, and educational credentials.