Boutique Public Accounting firm with high-end clientele searching for an experienced Accountant to assist with providing excellent services to their client group. The organization is a San Diego-based certified public accounting and consulting firm which provides services to corporations, partnerships, individuals and trusts. Some of the services offered include accounting, business consulting, tax preparation, tax planning, financial planning, estate & trust, retirement planning, and international tax through global allied partners.
- Preparation of tax returns (corporate and individual tax returns and also sales tax, commercial activity tax, etc) for corporations, partnerships, individuals and trusts.
- Advising clients regarding the structuring of transactions and entities and providing consultation regarding accounting and tax planning and other tax matters
- Review of junior staff returns depending on level of experience.
- Review journal entries and client General Ledgers in order to produce financial statements and/or tax returns.
- Handling client special requests in a timely manner.
- 4 to 10 years of CPA firm / public accounting experience.
- Strong tax experience, and tax preparation required
- General business consulting knowledge
- CPA Certified
- Some client relations experience required
- Experience dealing with Mexico clientele and Mexico business structures
- Strong experience with accounting software and tax preparation software required; preferably Lacerte and Quickbooks.
- Fluency in Spanish is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- General office skills and knowledge of general accounting policies required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Must be organized with good follow-up skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to adhere to deadlines, while working under high pressure situations
- Open to flexible hours, as needed
- Bachelor degree in Accounting preferred