Supervise the daily activities of the teller line staff including scheduling, training and adherence to bank policies and procedures. Lead and direct the work of the teller line staff and encourage the attainment of sales goals. Resolve complex customer issues, perform teller line transactions, and oversee maintenance of appropriate logs and reports related to the teller line operation. Provide back-up assistance to the branch management team, Sales and Service Representatives, and other branch departments as needed. Assist in training new tellers and monitoring and evaluating their progress. Follow bank policies and procedures to avoid violation, minimize risk and protect the bank.
- Process branch customer transactions such as receiving and verifying deposits, mortgage and loan payments, disbursement of funds by withdrawal, cashing checks, and completing all business transactions as needed. Follow bank policy and procedures for conducting transactions.
- Assist customers with completing account transactions and paperwork. Review documents for accuracy and completeness. Prepare other negotiable items requested by customers such as Bank checks and money orders within limits of authority as needed.
- Explain and refer other Bank products and services to customers at the window to build multiple relationships. Coach and motivate tellers to refer bank products and services daily and to maintain high level of work quality. Monitor progress to ensure success goals are met daily and promote positive customer relations by servicing the customer according to EBSB corporate and division standards.
- While performing the other responsibilities listed here, supervise the daily operational activities of the teller line staff to ensure that accurate, efficient and friendly customer service is provided. Perform overrides within limits of authority.
- Perform cash management duties such as: monitoring reserve cash including daily settlement, distribution and collection from tellers, completing cash flow analysis worksheets, ordering and shipping cash when necessary, balancing ATM daily, and conducting consolidation of daily work and branch settlement. Assist staff in locating and resolving errors, and perform routine and random cash audits.
- Access customer account records using bank teller software application to respond to customer inquiries regarding accounts and transactions. Verify transactions and account balances and ensure that transactions are in compliance with Bank policy, as well as state and federal regulations such as Reg CC, Reg DD, and BSA. Understand and follow CIP procedures. Complete OFAC verifications and recognize when CTRs and SARs are to be completed and filed. Refer unusual questions and account activity to supervisor.
- Research and resolve complex customer issues and complaints and follow through to completion. May prepare correspondence on matters related to customer accounts.
- Perform additional duties weekly or monthly as appropriate such as: preparing night deposit bags, operating the drive-up window, filing and scanning records, assisting with audits, and distributing and collecting cash to and from tellers.
- May open or close the branch as schedule requires.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 6 months as a teller and sales experience meeting goals
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to cross sell products and services
- Proficiency in operating teller and platform software and business machines
- Strong knowledge of customer service standards
- Ability to accurately process bank transactions including but not limited to cash deposits, withdrawals and transfers
- Ability to count money accurately and distinguish denominations
- Ability to operate teller and platform software and business machines
- At least 6 months previous supervisor experience
- Multilingual capabilities and/or multicultural perspective
EAST BOSTON SAVINGS BANK IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES DIVERSITY AND THE STRENGTH IT CREATES. THE BANK RECRUITS AND HIRES QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, AGE, MARITAL STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION, PHYSICAL OR MENTAL DISABILITY, PREGNANCY, PREGNANCY-RELATED CONDITIONS, MILITARY SERVICE, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CLASS PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAW.