WHO WE ARE:
Integrity and fairness. Hard work and performance. A love for what we do. These are the values that drive us. They push us to be better every day. To provide the highest-quality service and greatest value to every project we’re a part of. We’re looking for people who share in that dedication. An innovative spirit, results-oriented thinking, and a dedication to our values have helped us grow into one of the largest professional construction services firms in the United States.
As a member of the Boldt team, you’ll collaborate with some of the most knowledgeable professionals in our industry. You’ll have the chance to learn new skills and seek greater responsibilities, while earning competitive pay and benefits. And you’ll join a team that builds real value in the world around you.
We are currently seeking outstanding talent to join our team! As our organization grows, we will need more phenomenal people to share in our successes. The Boldt Company is expecting even more growth in the coming weeks or months, and we want to build our pipeline of outstanding candidates as new opportunities arise. If you're interested in working for a successful organization with big plans for the future, we invite you to apply today!
HOW YOUR ROLE FITS INTO BOLDT:
Provide oversight, leadership and management required for the division’s participation in projects in various locations throughout the Sacramento Region, ranging in size from $10M to $500M. Serve as the primary representative for Boldt when working with the Owner, Construction Managers, Employees, Trade Partners, Suppliers and the general public. You will be accountable for leading the development of projects and executing them according to Boldt's standards. Responsible for developing key relationships and for promoting Boldt's culture through relationship building with all those involved with the project.
Are you a forward-thinking leader? Ready to take on a new challenge while reporting directly to the VP of Project Development and Execution of the Western Operations Division. If you love to work in a fast-growing market, be ready to commit full time to the projects located in San Francisco.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Participate in the effort to pursue projects by supporting the Business Development team for project pursuits.
- Own the strategy to “win” projects, including proposal development and facilitating high impact interviews.
- Provides vision to ensure that the project pursuit, as well as the project itself, has the proper operational strategies and systems in place to achieve the desired expectations.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to serve others with a high concern for people while maintaining a steady focus on outcomes.
- Effects change by modeling and reinforcing a continuous improvement culture.
- Identifies ways to control costs and enhance revenues to achieve project goals: Oversees and manages the project overall budget; analyzes and controls expenditures of all areas to conform to the project target budget requirements; recommends or approves budget, expenditures and implements ways to improve operational efficiencies; provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the project both internally and externally; continuously reviews operating performance against plans and prior periods, including current progress towards the project target, current production, forecasted cost at completion, contracting status, operating expenses, cash flow management, and profitability.
- Motivate and lead a high performance team to effectively grow the organization and build operating efficiency: the position will be supported by a designated project team as well as be supported by the corporate office; leads the process of selecting the internal supporting team and Trade Partners for the project; leads the project team to maintain a clear perspective and focus on the project outcome; appraises performance and development of staff against position responsibilities, and established goals; manages, and coaches people to be capable of carrying out initiatives and to improve overall performance; measures and analyze performance of operational improvements and efforts; provides consultative support to the team as required; develops the project organizational structure and evaluates the structure based on personnel needs and makes changes as necessary in a decisive and professional manner; mentors subordinates and supports management succession with the goal of identifying hardworking junior-level managers, and promoting their continued personal and professional education and professional growth.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience. Advanced management or technical training preferred. Extensive (ten or more years) experience in similar construction and related functions plus the willingness to learn and continuously improve processes are required. Strong organizational, supervisory and decision-making/problem-solving skills are essential.
- Build and maintain key working relationships with owner, key Trade Partner, architectural, engineering teams, and organizations at the executive and management level.
- Demonstrate a strong customer service focused work ethic. Proactively identifies customer’s concerns and addresses before they are realized.
- Develop a clear and concise vision for the project outcome.
- Lead and motivate the entire project team deliver required results. Promote and coordinate teambuilding activities.
- Champion change and innovation for constant improvement. Challenge the status quo.
- Champion and encourage the use and implementation of the best ILPD delivery practices from within and from without the company.
- Develop the required organizational structure required to carry out the vision. Collaborate with other members of the team and company to obtain the best resources for this purpose. Evaluate and develop the workforce plan to optimize the productivity on the jobsite.
- Develop through collaboration, the project RACI chart identifying the project personnel and their responsibilities. Monitor performance and assist those to take control for their area of responsibility.
- Develop and monitor on-boarding process for new Trade Partners.
- Maintain strong financial control of the overall project; including the project model, estimate and budget. Influence design to optimize cost. Oversee the project financial management. Focus on project cash flow.
- Ensure there is a comprehensive project timeline. Implement method for ensuring removal of schedule constraints. Firm understanding of the project contract and all of its requirements. Responsible for ensuring compliance to all contract terms.
- Identify, mentor, and encourage additional owner, Engineer, Subcontractors relationships to ensure we remain connected. Coach, mentor and guide company personnel. Monitor on-boarding for new project team members.
- Support and promote Boldt's ILPD process. Implement complete and comprehensive project reporting.
- Develop a strong and proactive site safety program meeting the needs of Boldt, Owner and the project while working with Project Manager & Safety Manager.
- Lead by example through hands on safety engagement with team.
- Develop, maintain and uphold the highest level of professionalism in all interactions, communications and publications.
- Maintain and enforce the highest standard of personal and business ethics. Promote a learning organization by modeling life-long learning.
- Seek out and enlist the services of those that can help to achieve the project vision.
- Travel as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to position objects and operate tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to positioning self to maneuver in confined or awkward spaces or ascend and/or descend a ladder or stairs to reach work areas. The employee regularly is required to remain in a stationary position and move to access people or machinery or workspaces. The employee may regularly move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to travel (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation) and frequently performs work on-site at construction work sites. Specific abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard. Employee views computer monitor frequently. The employee is required to be able to optimally communicate while on the job site and throughout the completion of duties.
The working conditions of this position requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to maintain safety and prevent exposure to harmful materials. The environment for which this position functions may be exposed to prolonged loud noises and may contain scents and fragrances. May be requested to work overtime and weekends.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
We are a multi- generational family owned, privately held organization. Along with encouraging a safe and inclusive work environment, we offer:
- A competitive wage with a comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period
- An Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to share in the company’s success along with an annual bonus based on overall company performance
- Paid vacation, sick and holidays
- Wellness resources, including a health coach, health assessments, maternity management, and life care
- Relocation assistance
- Have equal access to opportunities and resources at all levels of the company. Professional growth and development opportunities including educational reimbursement
- Diversity and inclusion training programs
- Mentorship program
- Community engagement
The Boldt Company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please contact our Human Resources department. All qualified applicants are reassured to apply.