OUR ASSOCIATES – PARTNERS IN OUR VISION
NESTLED ON SIX WOODED ACRES, FIRST COLONIAL INN IS A PEACEFUL SANCTUARY IN THE HEART OF HILLTOP, VIRGINIA BEACH’S MOST POPULAR AREA. FIRST COLONIAL INN OFFERS INDEPENDENT AND ASSISTED LIVING AND HAS BEEN DESCRIBED AS A "GRACIOUS BLEND OF COUNTRY INN AND ELEGANT CRUISE SHIP." A DRAMATIC FOUNTAIN AND DISTINCTIVE COLONIAL STYLE ARCHITECTURE WELCOME YOU IN, WHERE YOU’LL FIND A WARM ATMOSPHERE AND HIGHLY SOCIAL RESIDENTS.
FOR OVER 25 YEARS, WE HAVE SPECIALIZED IN DEVELOPING AND MANAGING FULL SERVICE RENTAL SENIOR LIVING COMMUNITIES THAT PROVIDE AN ENRICHED LIFESTYLE. IN 1996, WE CREATED OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES, VALUES AND BELIEFS, WHICH ARE BASED ON THE CONCEPTS OF INTEGRITY, DIGNITY AND COMPASSION. THESE PRINCIPLES BALANCE THE INTERESTS OF OUR RESIDENTS, ASSOCIATES AND BUSINESS PARTNERS
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for keeping the community maintained and safe for residents, family members, guests, and associates. Repair and maintain buildings, grounds, and support equipment. To ensure the safety and health standards for the property are being met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: ** HOURS ARE 9AM TO 5:30 PM - ROTATING WEEKENDS & ON CALL *
***********_WE ARE LOOKING FOR GENUINE, MOTIVATED, AND CARING PEOPLE TO JOIN OUR FIRST COLONIAL INN TEAM._
- EXPERIENCED HVAC TECHNICIAN - EPAA CERTIFICATION & UNIVERSAL PREFERRED
- Experience in Painting / Drywall Repairs
- Attention to detail is very important.
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, major appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry /wallpaper and waste management systems.
- Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a safe and timely manner.
- Perform turn-key work as required to ensure vacant apartment homes are rent-ready in a timely manner.
- Maintain customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow-through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Apply all applicable Policies and Procedures such as, but not limited to, company operating and safety standards. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations, building codes and environmental laws and regulations.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks.
- May supervise the work of other associates and outside contractors.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
*MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUG SCREENING & A BACKGROUND CHECK*
WHAT WE OFFER:
Rich Benefit Package including:
401k Retirement plan
Paid Time Off
Employee Awards and Recognitions
Excellent growth and advancement
APPLY TODAY TO START YOUR CAREER AT KISCO!
*KISCO SENIOR LIVING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
- 1 year experience in property management maintenance performing the duties associated with a Maintenance Technician.
- Able to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Able to occasionally operate general office equipment such as, but not limited to, personal computer, telephone, photocopying machine, facsimile machine and postage machine.
- Able to frequently use general maintenance tools, supplies and equipment such as, but not limited to, hand tools, pressure washers, blowers, paint equipment, landscaping equipment, sanders and safety equipment.
- Able to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Technical training or HVAC certification is desirable.
- Customer service focus
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position as stated in the job description