We are seeking A SR. PRACTICE LEADER to lead the CIVIL ENGINEERING group in our Portland, Maine office
The SR. PRACTICE LEADER is a dynamic role that includes leading a team of civil and coastal engineers, developing business in the civil/coastal practice areas as well as managing a portfolio of their own projects.
- Successfully manage the team through timely communication, setting up effective processes and tools, and ensuring that the right resources are available for project completion and client satisfaction.
- Ensure effective internal communication and coordination with other practice areas and offices regarding resource needs/availability.
- Identify resource needs and identify vendors and partners who can ensure that resources are available for client work.
- Continue building our civil/coastal team by hiring, mentoring and developing, and retaining strong team members.This includes developing relationships with appropriate schools and programs to position Ransom as an employer of choice.
- Identify opportunities for projects that leverage Ransom’s expertise in civil engineering, and also identify opportunities for other practice areas to help grow the overall business.
- Develop client proposals for consulting projects that accurately reflect the time, resources and materials required for successful project completion.
- Maintain strong relationships with clients to meet their current needs as well anticipate future needs and opportunities for Ransom to provide services.
- Establish a strong positive presence with industry associations, business related organizations, and other forums where Ransom can be seen as a leading resource for consulting needs.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- Manage a portfolio of projects in accordance with Ransom’s standards for documentation, budgeting, and resource management. Communicate project status to clients and Ransom staff, and ensure timely resolution of issues or concerns to meet project deadlines. Ensure that costs are in line with the project budget and that variances are communicated timely to senior staff and the client.
- Provide technical review services to other team members and ensure appropriate sign off before presenting work to clients.
- Adhere to Ransom’s financial system policies and procedures including time reporting, purchase orders, equipment and expense reports, etc. for timely and accurate financial reporting and project profitability analysis.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, ideally Civil Engineering; a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Professional certification (P.E.) in Maine and states covered by the regional offices (MA, NH, RI, NJ); or ability to get licenses in those states.
- 15 years of professional experience; advanced degrees may be prorated as professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing staff.
- Prior experience working for an engineering or environmental consulting firm.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and win business for the firm.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively as part of a professional team.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to independently prioritize work to meet project deadlines.
- Passion for their field of expertise and commitment to doing great work for the client.