MY CLIENT IS A JOINT POWER AUTHORITY (PUBLIC SECTOR/GOVERNMENT ENTITY) OF CALIFORNIA COUNTIES. THEY ARE PIONEERS IN CUTTING EDGE PREVENTION PROGRAMMING, PROVIDING COUNTIES AN INDEPENDENT ADMINISTRATIVE AND FISCAL INTERGOVERNMENTAL STRUCTURE. THEY HELP FUND, DEVELOP, AND IMPLEMENT MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES AND EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AT THE STATE, REGIONAL, AND LOCAL LEVELS.
JOB TITLE: Contracts Specialist
REPORTS TO: CAO
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Remote (Should reside in California)
SUMMARY: The Contracts Specialist represents a full-time staff position that reports to the Chief Administrative Officer. The Contracts Specialist is responsible for every phase of the contract management – from researching and analysis to execution and proper recordkeeping.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Lead preparation and maintenance of contracts within Salesforce.
- Collaborate with executives and Program Director to assure compliance with contractual requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with government statues, partnerships, etc.
- Assess contract documentation and other requirements.
- Clearly explain contract information to county members and other interested parties in simple, everyday language.
- Self-monitor progress and priorities according to key business priorities.
- Proofread, edit, and fact-check legal documents for accuracy and consistency.
- Assist in identification, development and implementation of contract policies and processes.
- Ensure proper recordkeeping of contracts and applicable documentation.
- Interact with county members on various topics.
- Provide general department support, including drafting correspondences, research, and filing maintenance.
- Other Duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Five (5) years of relevant legal/government contracts specialist experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to effectively understand and explain legal terms.
- Experience with legal document drafting, editing and proofreading.
- Knowledge of negotiation best practices, both in-person and in written form.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Salesforce, DocuSign, and other Corporate databases.
- Detailed-oriented and organized.
- Ability to analyze processes and data.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, takes initiative, and finds ways to remain resourceful.
- Excellent problem solving and presentation skills.
- Has a strong desire to succeed in the face of adversity and demonstrates the willingness to push through challenges associated with changes and new business development.
- Legally able to work in the USA without sponsorship.
- Must be willing to work virtually or in an office setting.
- Must be willing to travel, when necessary.
- Must live in California
OFFERS A COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS THAT INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, RETIREMENT, AND PAID TIME OFF.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
THIS JOB POSTING/SPECIFICATION IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. ALTHOUGH THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS PRESENTED IN GOOD FAITH AND BELIEVED TO BE CORRECT, IT IS GENERAL IN NATURE AND IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE A COMPLETE AND DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THIS JOB.
Powered by JazzHR