COMMERCIAL SALES MANAGER
Founded in 1945, Northeastern Supply, Inc. began in a group of converted "row houses" in downtown Baltimore, Maryland. Currently, Northeastern Supply has 300 employees serving throughout 32 locations in Maryland, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia and West Virginia. It is considered to be one of the Mid-Atlantic's fastest growing Plumbing, HVAC, and Water Systems businesses.We are seeking a strong Plumbing Commercial Sales Manager to join our growing dynamic team in Baltimore, MD.
The Commercial Sales Manager develops and executes sales strategies as well as plans and budgets to grow accounts. They recruit new customers and introduce product initiatives to increase company sales and profitability. With a focus on company goals, the Commercial Sales Manager develops and leads the sales team by hiring, training, coaching and providing feedback.They will support the VP of Sales in coordinating with the Residential and HVAC Departments to maximize sales and profit growth for the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates Strategic Decision Making by promoting company objectives, balancing decisions to satisfy both customer needs with that of profitability, and recognizing issues, problems and opportunities and determines action needed.
- Integrates information from a variety of sources; detects trends, associations, and cause-effect relationships
- Implements decisions and initiates action within a reasonable time; monitors results and makes adjustments as needed.
- Delegates Responsibility by setting guidelines, constraints, and deadlines. Provides support without removing responsibility by coaching, communicating, and evaluating results.
- Implements an effective sales mentor program.
- Manages the market sales planning process by expanding on team members’ individual account plans. Uses this to create a solid basis for sales forecasting and resource allocation for key sales opportunities.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize activities and assignments and leverage resources.
- Establishes goals in line with the company’s coals and values. Communicates goals and is accountable for the results.
- Build trust and relationships with key customers, and demonstrates honesty and integrity.
- Shows ability to be a team player by building trust and nurturing a team environment with dignity, respect, and fairness.
- Regularly observes and coaches sales team members in live sales interactions with customers. Provides instruction, positive models, and opportunities in order to help others develop skills.
- Oversees personal and team job processes, tasks, and work products to ensure freedom from errors, omissions, or defects. Initiates action to correct quality problems or notifies others of quality issues as appropriate.
- Select, promote and discharge employees within the team in accordance with basic personnel policy.
- Ensure that all areas of work performance or departments are properly staffed and directed.
- Minimum one year in similar position. (Four years preferred)
- Minimum 3 years in progressive position.
- Wholesale distribution experience required
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills.
- Must be results oriented and willing to be accountable for results.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.