Our client, a leader in digital content production, seeks a talented Pipeline Developer to work on eCommerce content.
The Pipeline Developer manages the development and support of the studio's pipeline. The individual must be creative and self-sufficient while providing technical solutions.
- Work with Project Lead to ensure that implementations are consistent with overall Software department strategy
- Maintain core pipeline systems
- Design, develop, and support tools and processes which extend and enhance the pipeline
- Interface with artists, technical directors, and productions staff in order to solve production issues
- Interact with the IT Department with respect to operating, file, and network systems' issues
- Write clear documentations for tools/scripts
- Building relationships with key artists and production staff
- Identifying changing requirements and recommend solutions
- Work with developers to help resolve issues and solve problems
- Technical and user documentation
- Proficient in python 2.x/3.x and/or C++.
- Proficient with one or more software APIs: Maya, Mari, Katana, Houdini, Nuke, Arnold, Renderman, Tractor, Shotgun and fTrack
- Prior experience with revision control systems such as Git or SVN is preferred.
- Must have a mature approach to software design and implementation
- Strong understanding of production processes for film and television is preferable.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other developers, in a co-ordinated manner, on the same product. A successful candidate will work transparently, not opaquely.
- Experience with implementing or working directly with databases (Postgres, MySQL) would be beneficial
- Experience with Visual Effects Asset Management System design or development is a plus.
- Experience with PyQt or PySide would be helpful
- Must be able to communicate eloquently and effectively with non-technical stakeholders
- A degree in computer science, math or engineering is strongly preferred