We are seeking multiple talented 3D Modeling & Texture Artists to work with one of our biggest clients on unique 3D CGI eCommerce content.
The 3D Modeling & Texture Artist is a master in high-volume, high-quality, digital artwork generation, using Maya/Max, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Painter & Photoshop.
Candidates must have the ability to successfully manage and produce multiple deadline-driven projects with high image volume while maintaining the utmost in accuracy and the highest visual quality.
- Works with CGI Lead and production management staff to assess and build out hard and soft surface 3D models at both photo-real and real-time resolutions
- Helps to follow, revise, and create new quality standards for modeling and texturing of products within the company
- Participates with creative team in asset development
- Quality control review of results
- Work with licensing partners to teach them how to process 3D models, textures and shading at their facilities
- Must have a photo-real quality portfolio of 3D modeling and texturing in 3DS Max and/or Maya
- Excellent understanding of UV layout techniques
- Knowledge of topology for efficient but realistic looking meshes as both photo-real and real-time
- Technically minded; knows how to use various computer applications, such as: Maya, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Illustrator, Nuke, AfterFX, VRay, Arnold, RedShift, Octane, Deadline, Shotgun, fTrack
- 1-3 years in a CGI production environment as a modeler/texture artist
- Excellent communication skills, enjoys working on a team and teaching others
- Ability to prioritize and deal with heavy workload/multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to record information accurately and detect/report issues before they compromise delivery
- Ability to analyze and problem solve/keen attention to detail
- Ability to learn new software quickly or on the job if necessary
- Ability to take instruction, but also work independently when needed